Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

12th-generation iGPUs fail to run RealFlight Trainer Edition or RealFlight 9.5S

RFDev
Beginner

RealFlight 9.5S (Steam) and Trainer Edition (Steam) are radio-control flight simulators built on DirectX 9. I lead development of the software at Horizon Hobby.

Recently, we have been hearing reports of failures with 12-series iGPUs and our software, so we procured a test system based on an i5-12400 for debugging.

It appears that the newest iGPUs (in this case, UHD 730) fail to compile shaders or render DX Effect techniques.

The software renders correctly on previous generations of iGPU, with recent testing on UHD 630. To date, this issue only manifests itself with 12th-generation processors.

If your development team would find it helpful, I can provide Steam keys for both titles.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello RFDev,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Provide Intel® SSU report from the system where you reproduced the failure. 

Download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

• Could you provide any logs showing the failure and also the steps you took to reproduce the issue?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
RFDev
Beginner

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply. Subsequent investigation has shown that the initial error was resolved by an Windows update.

However, there are still substantial problems when using this iGPU with our software. Notably, it fails to render much of our UI.

I will work to quantify these issues and provide you with more detail.

Regards,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello RFDev,

We are glad to know the original issue was solved. I will be glad to assist you with the other issues on your software.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello RFDev,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos