Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20950 Discussions

29/59 Bug on WMC with Intel 4600 Graphics

JIsaa1
Beginner

Is there a way to at least improve the jumpy video with the 29/59 bug in Windows Media Center 7? I have turned off Film Mode Enhancement and Contrast Enhancement in Advanced and Skin Tone Enhancement in Basic. The only channels I really experience this on is Premium Playready protected video live or recorded (HBO, Showtime, Stars, etc). I did not have these issues with the Geforce 750 ti card I was using prior, but I swapped out systems for a smaller more energy efficient system. I of course lost all of my protected content in the move, so its really annoying me that I can't solve this issue. I only have 1 expansion slot and that is occupied by the Ceton InfiniTV6 turner card.

If there anything I can do to make watching Premium video more stable? Will an older driver work better? Registry settings? Video Settings I missed?

System:

Gigabyte ga-z97n

Intel i5-4690k

16 gig ram

Intel Driver Version : 10.18.10.3960

I have done quite a few searches and most of the threads here just end with out resolution.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

This matter has been under investigation and the engineering department is working towards a resolution.

Allan.

JTale
Novice

Any progress on this yet? I just installed the 01/12/15 driver reléase and it did not resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Joe

We are currently investigating this issue.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
JTale
Novice

I appreciate your prompt response. This has been under investigation for several months now and it would be helpful to have an indication of some timeline for resolution or more specific response. I bought a mini-pc for use as an HTPC but it is not functional because of this limitation. I would like to know if I should consider returnbing it or not. I appreciate your assistance.

0 Kudos
JTale
Novice

I received an email message from Edmund regarding this issue. Can you tell me how I can get in touch with him?

0 Kudos
JD7
Beginner

I am experiencing this same issue, and it is frustrating to put it mildly! Is there any time frame to which this will be resolved? It appears AMD and Nvidia have rolled out fixes for their drivers already. Please help!

0 Kudos