Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

2nd display issue

Retroboi
Beginner

So i have a hp laptop with UHD 620 with only a HDMI output and it was working till today my problem is my monitor doesnt show any video but if i take a screenshot it shows as monitor there and i can drag windows there and i confirmed that this is not a problem with the HDMI port being broken, cable being faulty and monitor input being faulty

i tried reinstalling drivers which didnt work, i tried using different cables it didnt work. i experienced this once before i formatted my laptop and i do not want to do that

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Retroboi

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding this behavior, we understand that the built-in display is working (issue is only present on second display) and the fact that the "image is being sent (by the GPU) to second display" (a screenshot/capture shows the content that should be displayed on the second display) points out that this doesn't seem to be a driver issue. However, we would like to gather some details in order to check this further.

1- We understand this worked before. What changes did occur at that moment? Was there any recent Windows* or driver update? Or was any hardware/software change? Please provide.

2- Are you using a straight-through connection HDMI-to-HDMI with a single cable to connect the display? Or are you using any type of video adapters, converters, or dockings? Please provide details.

3- Have you tested with another monitor (using a straight-through connection)? And/or have you tested the monitor with another computer?

4- Monitor brand and full/exact model:

5- Please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link. Make sure the monitor in question is connected to the computer.

6- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Retroboi

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Retroboi

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos