Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

3D softwares crashing even on XE MAX mode

Kai95
Novice

I am unable to run 3D software like blender, cinema 4D on my new Acer Swift 3X i5 laptop. Even on XE MAX graphics mode the software is crashing as soon as I open it. And while playing timeline videos on Adobe Premier Pro glitches are appearing and it appears even on the exported video. What should I do to fix this?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Kai95, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

When did you purchase the laptop?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Did you check the system requirements for Blender, Cinema 4D and Adobe Premier Pro to work properly? Those are high-demand resource applications and they might require special hardware/software to run as expected.

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Kai95
Novice

Hi Albert,

I got this laptop in November 2020. I had installed the  mentioned software recently, like 2 months before and I've been experiencing the same problem then onwards. I have not done any software/hardware changes at all.

Well, I now realize that Blender and Cinema 3D requires stronger GPU but Adobe Premiere Pro should be working smoothly on this machine. I tried installing Premiere Pro 2018 and it is crashing as soon as I open while Premiere Pro 2020 has glitch related issues as I mentioned earlier. This happens during work environment.

I am using windows 10 and sometimes the system crashes showing a blue screen even when I am not using any high demand software.

I attaching the SSU report.

Thank you

Regards
Kai

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Kai95, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

According to the SSU report, the graphics driver currently installed in your system is version 27.20.100.9040. Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Acer's website and they have two graphics drivers available, versions 27.20.100.8845 and 27.20.100.8439, please try a clean installation of those drivers following the instructions in the link below. 

Look for "Drivers" and then VGA:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/8619?b=1

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the problem persists, then try a clean installation this time of Intel® Generic Graphics driver version 27.20.100.9466:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Also, we advise to get in contact directly with Acer to gather the instructions on how to do a BIOS update to the latest version provided by them:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

Regards,

Albert R.

Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Kai95, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Kai95
Novice

Hi Albert,

Sorry, I couldn't get back to you sooner!

I tried updating the VGA drivers from the acer website as well as the Intel Generic graphics driver which you mentioned. But, still I am experiencing the same problem.

Thank you

Regards

Kailas

0 Kudos
Kai95
Novice

And any kind of further assistance to fix this issue will be much appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Kai95, You are very welcome, no problem at all, thank you very much for sharing those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the information on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Kai95, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case and the report we noticed that the current Windows* version being used is 19041, could you please try to do a Windows* update to the latest version: 19042 and let us know the results?

Also, could you please provide the specific BSOD error number and message you received and additionally a video with the specific steps you followed to reproduce the issue so we can try to replicate this scenario in our Intel® lab?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Kai95, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Kai95, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos