Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

5120 x 1440 supported by Intel UHD Graphics - i5 10th Generation?

BLR-1
Beginner

Seems a lot of folks are like me looking at one of these Ultrawide monitors, in my case its the Dell U4919DW having a native resolution of 5120x1440@60Hz.  My laptop has an Intel UHD Graphics system integrated into my i5 10th Generation processor (Core i5-10210U).

So, the spec on the UHD graphics is 4096x2304 @ 60Hz making 5120x technically unsupported.  However, I see posts of updated drivers (version 26.20.100.7985 or higher) reported to enable a 5120x1440 resolution, and there is a footnote in the processor datasheet about how 5120x2880 @60Hz can be supported if the display has two ports.

The technology is complicated, but the question is simple - can my laptop with this integrated Intel UHD graphics processor drive an ultrawide of 5120x1440 with a single USB-C 3.2 Gen1 cable like all the mac books on YouTube seem to be able to do?  I have to believe others have the same question.  

I appreciate any help you can provide.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello BLR-1

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

The maximum resolutions mainly depend on the laptop specifications and its ports, here are the maximum resolutions the processor supports (the laptop OEM could limit certain resolutions):

• Max Resolution (DP): 4096 x 2304 @60Hz
  • Max Resolution (eDP - Integrated Flat Panel): 4096 x 2304 @60Hz
  • Max Resolution (HDMI): 4096 x 2304 @24Hz

Note: You can find the processor/graphics specifications in our website: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/195436/intel-core-i5-10210u-processor-6m-cache-up-to-4-20-ghz.html

You might need to lower the refresh rate if you want a higher resolution. We need more information from your system to determine if there is a limitation, please share with us the following:

• Model of the laptop
  • Current graphics driver
  • Operating system version
  • Do you use a dedicated graphics card on your laptop? 

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information. 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

BLR-1
Beginner

David,

Thanks for the response.  I think I provided everything you asked for.  I'm  very interested to hear what you come up with.  Thanks again,

BLR-1

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello BLR-1

As a friendly reminder, we are waiting for the information that must be provided via email.

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello BLR-1

As you mentioned via email, you will keep the resolutions as they are because we're not able to get the reports to continue with troubleshooting. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos