Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

720p resolution (1280x720) is gone from Intel HD Control Panel

Mark030a
Beginner

I have an Intel Core I5-4200M processor with an integrated Intel HD 4600, I have latest drivers.

This has happened to me a few months ago, I was always using 720p as my go to resolution, it felt good for my eyes, icons and programs were proper sized for my liking, everything was good, until the resolution up and disappeared.

Last time I remember I was using my computer as usual, nothing strange was going on until I restarted my computer.

The 1280x720 resolution got replaced with 1024x1080. 1280x720 is 16:9 aspect ratio whilst 1024x1080 is 4:3 aspect ratio wich isn't good for me, and it really concerns me as to why it happened, and why I can't change it back. The only resolution I got that is close to 720p is 1366x768, but it's nowhere near similar.

Anyone know a solution to how I can use 1280x720 resolution again? 
My graphics card doesn't support custom resolutions, so that's a no go.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Mark030a,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you, please provide the following logs and information so I can move forward with your support request.

Reports:

1-Please run the following tools and attach the reports generated.  

-Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

· By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

· Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

-DXDIAG  

· Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.  

· On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.  

· On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.  

· Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.  

-Intel® Graphics Control Panel

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Questions:

-Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

-Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or a graphics driver update?

-Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

-Does this issue happen with only the laptop’s flat panel or does it happen with an external monitor as well?

Note: If you are using an external monitor, please let me know if you are using a straight-through connection (e.g. HDMI-to-HDMI, DVI-to-DVI) with a single cable for each display (In case you are using more than one)? Or are you using any type of video adapters, converters, or dockings? Please provide details and the monitor’s brand and model if possible.

-If you check your advanced display settings does windows give you the option to select that resolution?

To check your advanced display settings please follow the steps below:

•   Select Start > Settings > System > Display.

•   Under Multiple displays select Advanced display settings > choose display > Display adapter properties (you can check multiple displays separately in case you have more than one).

•   In the adapter tab choose the List all modes option.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Mark030a
Beginner

Here's my DxDiag and Intel SSU Scan.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Mark030a,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the issue that your laptop is presenting we would recommend for you to try a clean installation of the latest customized driver available for your system, and in case that doesn’t fix the issue you can always try with our latest driver, just bear in mind that is not a customized one it is considered generic; however, it is also considered a newer version than the one you are currently using.

Clean installation instructions

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Note: You can use these instructions with both the customized driver from HP and the generic driver from our end.

Latest customized driver

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-650-g1-notebook-pc/5405400/swItemId/ob-261831-1

Latest generic driver

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/es/download/29971/Intel-Graphics-Driver-para-Windows-15-40-

* Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Mark030a,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G.  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Mark030a,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored 

Victor G. 

0 Kudos