Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

ARC A370M Graphics Bug with Windows 11 on new Asus Zenbook Pro 15 Flip (UP6502ZD)

rlight57
Novice

I have a new Zenbook Pro 15 Flip OLED ( UP6502ZD, 12th Gen Intel) with Windows 11 Home installed and the intel ARC A370M. I bought it this week. The computer has a problem when trying to use the Taskview to setup multiple desktops, each with a different background image applied. After different images are applied to each desktop, they randomly change to match the same background image that was used on one of the other desktops.

I have spoken to Asus support regarding this and they told me to talk to Microsoft about it. So far, I've spoken to 4 tech support members at Microsoft and escalated the issue to a level 3 tech, without finding a resolution to this annoying problem.

I have reinstalled Windows 11 three times, with the last time doing a complete rebuild with no personal files or apps kept. Immediately, after reinstalling Windows 11, the problem still exists! I've updated all software and drivers, without fixing the problem so far.

I've attached a Graphics Bug Report with a screengrab showing two desktops that had different background images assigned, but then changed on their own to the same image. Please note that individual pictures were assigned as backgrounds, not a slideshow.

I suspect that this problem may be related to the ARC A370M and its driver.

Any help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

RL

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rlight57
Novice

Hello Andres. I have an update regarding this problem for you.

In addition to reaching out to your Intel team for help with this, I also contacted Asus and their tech support department escalated this matter and came back with a temporary fix. They advised me to disable the Pixel Shift function found in the My Asus app, Customization section. Doing so, appears to have stabilized this issue for now. I don't know where the bug actually exists, but hopefully they will work with their partners at Intel and a software update will be released that fixes this issue permanently.

Thank you again for your assistance so far regarding this matter!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Andres_Intel

Hello rlight57,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities.  

For a better understanding please answer the questions below:

• Attach a video with the issue
  • Are you using external displays?
  • In case you are using external monitors, which ports are you using?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
rlight57
Novice

Hello Andres,

Thank you for your reply. Please note that I'm not using any external monitors. I only have the built-in laptop OLED screen. As requested, here is a link to a video showing the issue...  https://youtu.be/QzL0SMrlZTI

In the video, Taskview is used to setup three different desktops, each with their own background image. However, once that is done, you will see how the backgrounds to some desktops randomly change on their own to match one of the images set on another desktop.

This problem appears to be in all of these new Zenbook Pro 15 Flip OLED ( UP6502ZD, 12th Gen Intel) that use the Intel ARC A370M. Following my original post regarding this issue, I returned my Asus laptop and had it replaced with a new one of the same model, but sadly, the exact same problem still exists (as shown in the video). It happens as soon as Windows 11 is setup on the new computer and before any other software is installed (other than all current Windows, Asus, and Intel drivers and updates).

Thank you for your help with trying to find a solution to this problem!

RL

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel

Hello rlight57, 

Thank you for your response. 

To provide you with accurate information, I will make an investigation of the issue.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
rlight57
Novice
0 Kudos
rlight57
Novice

Hello Andres. I have an update regarding this problem for you.

In addition to reaching out to your Intel team for help with this, I also contacted Asus and their tech support department escalated this matter and came back with a temporary fix. They advised me to disable the Pixel Shift function found in the My Asus app, Customization section. Doing so, appears to have stabilized this issue for now. I don't know where the bug actually exists, but hopefully they will work with their partners at Intel and a software update will be released that fixes this issue permanently.

Thank you again for your assistance so far regarding this matter!

0 Kudos
rlight57
Novice

Hello Guiguy. Thank you for your suggestion. I installed Intel's latest graphic driver and unfortunately it doesn't fix my problem. However, if keep the Pixel Shift function turned off on my Asus laptop, then it works fine. So, I'm waiting for Asus to fix this problem somehow!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel

Hello rlight57, 

We have been unable to reproduce the issue on our own laptop which seems to rule out a Graphics driver issue.

You can check our results in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/bXU_lbU579c

Our best suggestion is to contact Microsoft as well for further recommendations.

As you contacted Asus and the issue was temporarily fixed, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos