Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

ASUS ROG GL552VW Win10 (64-bit) Intel HD 530 driver update issue

JC2
Beginner

I have an Asus ROG GL552VW laptop.

CPU: i7 6700HQ

Chip: HM170 chipset and HD Graphic 530

I did a fresh install of Win10 Home 64-bit (build 1803), and manually installed the drivers. I installed latest Intel graphic driver (24.20.100.6094 or 24.20.100.6025) from Intel, but Win10's automatic update downgrades it to 21.20.16.4550. Why?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27803/Graphics-Intel-Windows-10?product=97503 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10

Is 24.20.100.6094 not the correct supported driver for HD 530? If not, where can I download 21.20.16.4550? There is no other older versions available on Intel in the link above.

Please help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello

Thank you for joining the community.

Seems that the update is being done due to of the automatically Windows® driver update, in that case, to avoid that you would have to disable that Windows action, these steps may help you:

1. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel.
  2. Make your way to System and Security.
  3. Click System.
  4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
  5. Select the Hardware tab.
  6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
  7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

Searching into the information of your Intel® HD graphics controller the generic driver 24.20.100.6094 is a correct version for your Intel® HD graphics controllers, I am also noticing that your using a laptop system in this case I recommend using the graphics driver version provided by the system manufacturer due to these drivers are customized for your specific system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JC11

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
JC2
Beginner

Thank you for your follow up, but the method did not work. Win10 update still forced to apply outdated driver 21.20.16.4550.

Win10 does not let me keep Asus provided driver 20.19.15.4454 nor let me use Intel's current driver 24.20.100.6094.

It's OK not to further investigate. My laptop has other devices that share this same issue; Currently without solution as well. It is failure on Microsoft's end, but Microsoft does not provide any support to fix it.

0 Kudos
JLubb
Beginner

I have somesort the same issue on this laptop. Intel driver upgrade tells me to update the driver (Latest version: x.x.x.6136 Installed Version: x.x.x.4590) , but when i download it and install it, it says the driver is not supported and need to go to the manufactorer to get a recent driver. The current driver is 2 years old, and i wonder if immissing out on any performance improvements.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jaapje1988

Thank you for joining the thread.

In order to assist you better with the specific problem that you are having in your system. I recommend creating a new thread. Please make sure you add the information of your system and Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report of the system so we can get more information about the problem.

Please attach to the thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos