Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Access violation in ig9icd64.dll

Assaf
Novice

Trying to start Sketchup Make 2017 it crashes on the spot without displaying anything.

Opening the dump file shows crash at

ig9icd64!DumpRegistryKeyDefinitions+e36a

path

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\40_hp_coffeelake_hws_iigd_dch.inf_amd64_779452c618b515ed\ig9icd64.dl

File version: 27.20.100.7990

OS has just been updated to Windows 20H2 build 10.0.19042.330.

DxDiag shows nothing of interest..

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Assaf
Novice

Also, everything that uses OpenGL crashes as well.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Assaf, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2.  Generate DxDiag report and attach it:  

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.   
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.   
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.   
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.   

3. Did this Sketchup Make 2017 used to work before? If yes, did you make any changes before the issue started? 

4. What other applications besides Sketchup Make that use OpenGL cause this behavior? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

Assaf
Novice

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for replying.

1. I have reverted to my previous windows version (10.0.18363.900) for now  so unfortunately I can't run the SSU.

2. I did run DxDiag before reverting, report attached.

3. Sketchup worked.

4. In addition to Sketchup, RealTech-VR's GLView crashed. HeavyLoad didn't crash but said it can't find a 3d capable card. I'd assume anything that utilizes OpenGL would either crash or misbehave.

As I said I rolled back to the previous version of windows where the bug doesn't occur. I can comment that the ig9icd64.dll file version is 27.20.100.7990 in both windows versions, the one with the bug and the one without.

Regards,

Assaf

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Assaf, 

Thank you for your reply, please check our recommendations below: 

1. If you can provide the Intel® SSU report even with the current OS version and attach the report generated, it can be very useful in order to see the full system configuration:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. I could see that your system also has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, when you run the Sketchup, can you open the Task Manager and see if this software uses the Intel® or NVIDIA GPU? Please provide a screenshot. 

3. It might be that the new OS version needs a newer driver in order to work properly with this software. You can try to update the OS again, and try to install either the latest driver provided by your system manufacturer (check with HP) or install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver

4. If you want to install the Intel® driver, please follow this process: 

1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. 
  2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 
  4. Restart the computer. 
  5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 
  6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 
    1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 
    2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 
    4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 
  7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 
  8. Restart the computer. 
  9. Reconnect to the Internet. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Assaf,  

Were you able to check the previous post and check the information provided? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M.   

Assaf
Novice

Hi Sebastian,

I've upgraded to windows build 2004 to try what you've suggested. I did go by every step, uninstalling all drivers until I got 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' and then installed the latest DCH. Unfortuntely it didn't work.

While there I ran the SSU, report attached.

Sketchup apparently uses the NVIDIA card, screenshot attached of task manager, and on the right Sketchup's card details.

As there other things broken (not Intel related) with that windows version I don't think I'll pursue this issue further. In the meantime I hope the info I provided helps some.

Thanks for all your help.

Assaf

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Assaf, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Based on that report, it shows the Sketchup uses the NVIDIA card when trying to start, so that does not seem to be related to the Intel® UHD Graphics 630, but to the NVIDIA's graphics driver and this OS version.  

Therefore, I will highly recommend you checking with NVIDIA for a possible driver, firmware update, or workaround for this problem. Also, checking with Microsoft since this new version of the OS seems to be the root of the issue. 

We will proceed to close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos