Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

All games are locked to the maximum screen resolution

MIsma6
Beginner

There is a bug in newer versions of Intel graphics drivers.

I was using one of the new drivers > version: 24.20.100.6194

And all games was locked to the maximum screen resolution which was 1366x768 so I can't change it to 1280x720 or 1024x768 for example, the maximum resolution was the only available option on every game.

Then I uninstalled my drivers and installed an old version > 23.20.16.4849

And now everything is fine.

My SYSTEM:

----------------

Lenovo Laptop IdeaPad 310 15ikb 1366x768 screen

Windows 10 Creators Update v1703 and Also tried Windows 10 April 2018 Update v1803

CPU: i7-7500u

GPU: Intel HD 620 and geforce nvidia 920MX

And yeah, I'm playing all games with nvidia GPU and the problem happens because Intel GPU not nvidia
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mody0106,

I understand that you are having problems with the resolution of the games.

Regarding this, I would like to start by mentioning that we need to discuss some information before we begin with the support. Please refer to your private messages, I have sent you one.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JBosw1
Beginner

I have a similar problem, although, trying to play rome total, the screen goes sideways and cuts by about 3 quaters

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Minibozz97,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with information, we will be taking it into consideration, however, we apologize for any inconvenience. Please submit a new thread since we handle every case individually and every scenario is different even if the same product is being used. The next agent will be able to further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos