Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Apparently the 4 core xe graphics in the core ultra 5 125u don't have shared memory how much is allo

allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I
I would like to know how much graphics memory is allocated to the igpu on the core ultra 5 125u. Would adding more ram improve igpu performance like it does when the igpu uses shared memory. Does the 8 core version of the igpu 8 core xe arc graphics again an igpu can it play city skylines 2 currently without the yellow screen artifact that currently makes it unplayable on the 1165g7 through 13th gen
0 Kudos
8 Replies
allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

Well it's not really advertised last of us and city skylines 2 were tested on the core ultra 5 125h although it looks like he just loaded a save file so there's no way of knowing if it works the last of us crashed in his testing as well as warzone which is strange since I can play warzone on my 1165g7. I think based on this I'll try buying city skylines 2 again https://youtu.be/q7AaeHxbPw0?si=5o85pnEkItekcqgh

0 Kudos
allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

I still don't know if my core ultra 5 125u needs more memory notebookcheck said it didn't use shared memory so I guess the answer is no

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello ,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For us to further check this, please help provide the following details:

1. What is the brand and model of your laptop?
  2. Can you provide the system memory of your system?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

It's an Aoc laptop with core ultra 5 125u processor with 16gb of ram ddr5. I don't have it yet it's being shipped for my birthday. I understand different laptop manufacturers might customize the laptop in different ways but I guess they would still all not have shared memory.

1. What I need to know is does the core ultra 5 125u have shared memory notebookcheck says it does not.

2. You seem to be implying different manufacturers put different amounts of memory on the core ultra 5 125u chip since it isn't shared. Give me an example of one of them please.

Sorry for being such a pain 

0 Kudos
allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

Well I guess it's the aoc mx16 with core ultra 5 125u with 16gb ram

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello allgamesonxeigpu,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Regarding Graphics memory, let me share this link for additional information:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics.html

As for the processor, he is the default specification of Intel® Core™ Ultra 5 Processor 125U:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/237330/intel-core-ultra-5-processor-125u-12m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz.html

The reason why I say "default" specification is that is the specification provided by Intel when we created the processor. However, when OEM manufacturers install them on their system, they are now being controlled by their BIOS. They can alter, enhance or modify processors, graphics controller, wireless cards and other components depending on the design of the system or laptop. Same with Graphics cards, they can create an OC version of a certain Graphics card. And these changes are unknown to us because that is their own product now.

Like in this case of Intel® Core™ Ultra 5 Processor 125U, in the link that I provided it says the Max memory that it can support is 96 GB. Your laptop is using 16 GB and we don't know if this is upgradable.

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

So the information on this page that says shared memory is no is incorrect? Do you have more detailed technical details than this I always go to that site when researching what chips to buy. Although whether the processor uses shared memory should really be on that page. The old iris integrated graphics way back when had their own memory 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-4-Cores-iGPU-Arc-Benchmarks-and-Specs.782932.0.html

Yes the memory is upgradeable although it's not clear if the laptop using regular ddr5 or sodimms

0 Kudos
allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

Well I still don't know if the core ultra 5 125u uses shared memory. Techpowerup says it does. Notebookcheck says it doesn't. It may not matter though since all 32gb benchmarks on passmark seem to perform better with less memory. Got an awesome config ready with the e cores using process lasso. Can't wait to get my new laptop. The power constantly flickered during the storm but I was one of the lucky 50 percent in Houston that didn't lose power. It was quite a storm though. Sucks that the city won't be back to normal in time to get my birthday gift

0 Kudos