Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Apps Hanging With Hardware Acceleration | Unable To Install Graphics Driver

DivyaPrakash
Beginner

Hey Team,

The Apps like Internet Browsers, WhatsApp Desktop, Slack are hanging/freezing due to hardware acceleration. Disable acceleration on Internet Browsers and they stopped freezing them. However, most of the Apps don't have inbuilt option to disable hardware acceleration and thus I'm unable to use them as they are hanging.

I tried installing drivers from Intel Website, however, installation failed. PFA log file. No option in PC settings to disable hardware acceleration and tried disabling via registry, however, seems like registry failed to do do.

Kindly suggest - what should I do now? It's weird that PC doesn't support hardware acceleration even though PC holds in-bulit graphics?

PC - ASUS VivoBook 15 Core i5
10th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 11 Home)
X515JA-EJ501T Thin and Light Laptop

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DivyaPrakash, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Were those applications ever working fine before on this same machine?

Please provide the name of the specific web browsers that are showing this issue.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes before the issue started?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DivyaPrakash
Beginner

@Alberto_R_Intel Hi, PFB the requisite details and help me.

Is this a new computer? – Yes

When did you purchase it? – 04th Oct 2021

Were those applications ever working fine before on this same machine? - No

Please provide the name of the specific web browsers that are showing this issue. – Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Opera. Other Apps – Slack, WhatsApp Desktop App, FortiClient VPN, MS Office. <few of these apps have option to disable hardware acceleration and when disabled they are working fine, while other apps I can’t use as they don’t have option to disable hardware acceleration>.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes before the issue started? – No

Which Windows* version are you using? – Windows 11

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? – Home

PFA SSU report.

Kindly help to resolve this issue with hardware acceleration as I’m not being able to use Apps. Even I tried to get help from ASUS onsite support, however, seems like they technicians aren’t aware of ‘hardware acceleration’ word.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DivyaPrakash, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the information shown in the SSU document, we can confirm that currently, the graphics driver install on your computer is version 27.20.100.9565.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform. 

I looked in ASUS's website and the latest graphics driver version they have available is V30.0.100.9805, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instruction sin the links below in order to confirm if the option to disable "Hardware Acceleration" becomes available:

https://www.asus.com/in/Laptops/For-Home/Everyday-use/ASUS-X515/HelpDesk_Download/?model2Name=ASUS-Laptop-15-X515JA

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the problem remains after that, then please try a clean installation this time of Intel® generic graphics driver version 30.0.100.9955:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

We also advise to get in contact directly with ASUS support to verify that the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your laptop or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DivyaPrakash, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DivyaPrakash, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos