Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20904 Discussions

Arc Control no longer supported after Win10 update

JLin001
Beginner

I just purchased and installed an Arc750 GPU last week, and Arc control + driver worked perfectly. Until this evening I got a prompt from windows 10 auto update stating I need to restart my computer for the update to work. I looked at the update info, it just says 22H2 cumulative update. I was running everything up to date before this prmpt, so I didn't give too much thought about it thinking it might be a small security update as usual. After restart, I always like to open Arc Control to turn on the in game monitor, and it shows "Arc Control is not supported in this platform". 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Arc Control + driver, the GPU itself works fine, but I now no longer have access to Arc Control and the build in performace monitor function. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello JLin001,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the complete model of your system, graphics driver version, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JLin001
Beginner

Please see the attachment per your instruction.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello JLin001,

Thank you so much for the quick response.

Based on my research, Arc Control is only supported with 11th generation processors, and upon checking your system information, your processor is an 8th generation processor, which might be the cause of this error message.

However, since it worked fine before, we will do further investigation and get back to you once the answer is available.

For your reference on where I have based my research, please check out this link:

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
JLin001
Beginner

Hi Carmona,

Thanks for the reply and the information provided. It is very weird since the software was working and I was even using the in-game monitor function during the frist 2 days of the usage until the update. After reading the article, I now have very little hope of it ever working again on my computer. Thanks anyway, and any future update and possible resolution is much appreicated.

Best regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello JLin001,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We wanted to share with you the Minimum System Requirements for Intel® Arc Control:

To confirm, your processor does not meet the system requirement of arc control, so that might be the reason why it is throwing an error message of "Arc Control is not supported on this platform." However, we still wanted to recommend that you perform a clean installation of the graphics drivers using  DDU and then install the latest graphics driver  to see if there are any enhancements.

Please let us know the result, and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello JLin001,

If you have already performed the clean installation of the graphics card using the DDU, please let us know the result, and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello JLin001,

May we know if you have already performed the clean installation of the graphics card using the DDU? If yes, may we know the result?

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
JLin001
Beginner

Hi Carmona,

I have perfromed the DDU uninstall and reinstalled the newest driver. The Arc Control is now functional. I have attached the screenshot showing the software monitoring GPU performence normally. 

Based on the information you have provided, it is not suppose to work with my generation of CPU.  I do not know if it will continue to work. I will let you know if it stops working. Thanks for all the support and patience. 

Joseph

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello JLin001,

Thank you so much for the update, and we're truly happy to hear that the AR control is now working on your system. 

We will keep monitoring your case, and if you have any updates, just let me know.

By the way, even if your processor does not meet the system requirement of arc control, there's still a chance that it will still work. That's why we still recommend that you perform a clean installation of the DDU.

To summarize, when your processor does not meet the system requirement of arc control, there's a chance that arc control may work or may not work. And in our case, we are glad that it is.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos