Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Artifacts on Intel UHD 730 when watching videos

The_Dark_Matter

First of all hello guys!

My problem is I've just a built a new pc about a week ago. I've only bought the mobo, processor, rams and SSD since I got all of the other parts from my previous build. After installing windows 10 21h1, drivers and all the software, I've noticed an issue when I'm watching local videos with any kind of player. I personally use Potplayer for video playback. I also tried with WMP and Media Player Classic HC as well. At first there were these small sparkling white dots appearing time to time. Then I noticed when I change the windows power plan from balanced to high performance more of those dots appears on the screen. Not only white, there are black, green and red dots as well. This does not happen with youtube or any other videos being played via the browser.

I've tried installing the latest UHD driver from the MSI, Windows update and drivers from the Intel website as well. Used DDU for driver uninstallations. But these dots keeps appearing on each and every media player. Then I tried updating my bios to the latest version. Once I did that it does not matter which power mode the pc is on, now a very large amount of dots are visible. another thing is I don't have the Windows 10 HDR mode turned on. At this point I'm running out of ideas to diagnose the issue. Please can somebody help me with this?

Note: I use K-Lite codec pack for better codec support. When I noticed the issue I uninstalled the codec pack. it did not work either. Then I tried installing a fresh copy of windows 10. But the issue still persists. Artifacts does not appear with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
The_Dark_Matter

It seems no one here cares to help me out on my issue. Is there any expert who's willing to look into this?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is the weekend.  The Intel support staff will be returning tomorrow.  Be patient.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
The_Dark_Matter
0 Kudos
The_Dark_Matter

Still having no luck with any of the things I've tried. 

0 Kudos
The_Dark_Matter

Seems like no one is even bothered to take a look into this thing. I guess I gotta go to reddit or any other tech support forum where people actually help each other on this sort of issues. 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @The_Dark_Matter

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities and for all the information provided, that is very useful.

In order to review this behavior further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Based on the Intel® SSU report, we noticed the system is runnig the customized graphics driver from MSI* 27.20.100.9127. Just to make sure, is the issue also happeing with the latest Intel® generic DCH driver version 30.0.100.9955? Could you please test this driver and provide feedback? (only if you haven't tried it yet). You may refer to this article for installation instructions: Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows

2- Are you using a straight-through connection (e.g.: HDMI-to-HDMI with a single cable) to connect the display? Or are you using any type of video adapters, converters, or dockings? If using video adapters or cable converters (a single cable but with different connector types at both ends) we recommend testing with a straight-through connection.

3- Have you checked if there are drivers or firmware available for your displays? (a.k.a. .inf files). We recommend checking with the display manufacturers to make sure the software for your displays is properly installed and up to date.

4- Have you tested with different (high-quality) video cables? If not, could you please try this suggestion?

5- Have you tested with another display/monitor (using a straight-through connection)? And/or have you tested the display with another computer? Please provide details.

6- Manufacturer and full model of the display(s) showing the issue:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

The_Dark_Matter

Hello AndrewG!

1- Yes It happens with the Intel DCH Driver  30.0.100.9955 and with the MSI driver as well. Used DDU to completely uninstall the drivers several times.

2- I'm already using a straight-through HDMI to HDMI cable. 

3- New drivers are not available on the AOC's site. But I've installed the driver which provided via the Windows Update. Still the same with or without the driver from microsoft.

4- I've tried with another straight-through cable which I use with my TV as well . Still no avail.

5- No I have not checked the monitor with another computer and No I did not check the PC with another Monitor/TV. I built the PC about a week ago. The monitor was working fine with my old pc's i5 4590 onboard graphics just 4 days prior to me building the new computer.

6- Manufacturer and model: AOC i2269vw 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello The_Dark_Matter

Thank you very much for your response.

We would like to clarify some details about the monitor model. We tried to search online for the monitor specifications. However, it seems we are having difficulties finding information from AOC* official website.

When searching using "i2269vw" we were only available to get this link to a "Monitor User Manual*" that says that the monitor only has a D-Sub (VGA) and DVI video (pages 12, 36, 55). But we understood you are using HDMI cables.

Other third-party websites also indicate that the monitor only comes with VGA and DVI. For instance, this link*.

However, in the same "Monitor User Manual*" we see another very similar model that indeed has HDMI* input. It is I2269VWM (with an additional "M" at the end of the model number). Perhaps is this the model you have? Could you please confirm this?

If our findings are not correct, could you please share a direct link to your monitor specifications? We just want to make sure we have the proper information in order to investigate this further. Thank you for all your efforts in this matter.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

The_Dark_Matter

I'm sorry for the mistake. I've taken a picture of the sticker which is located in the back of the moniter.  It says the model is "I2269WM". Please kindly refer to the attachments. I've checked in the AOC website as well. It seems they have removed the product due to the monitor being discontinued. 

FYI I have tried uninstalling the driver just like you said from the device manager and installing the Intel DCH driver 30.0.100.9955 afterwards. Unfortunately the issue is still there

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello The_Dark_Matter

No problem, it's all right. Thank you for the clarification and we also appreciate you tried to reinstall the driver using the clean install method.

Please allow us to investigate this behavior further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

The_Dark_Matter

You're welcome and thanks for helping me as well. I have to let you know about another thing. This issue mostly happens with x265 video files. I've uploaded mediainfo of one of the video files for your reference. 

0 Kudos
The_Dark_Matter

@AndrewG_Intel Any updates on the matter? I've seen some other threads mentioning same issue as mine as well without any updates. 

BTW I've tried hooking up my TV with the PC. Still having those issues

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

After successfully reproducing this issue in our lab we have filed bug ID 14015516075 with our driver development team.

Keep an eye for our latest drivers on downloadcenter and check the driver's Release Notes because once a fix is available it should be noted there.

We'll also use the following thread to post news and updates as they become available.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
The_Dark_Matter

Hi Roland,

Thanks for following up on the issue. When can we expect a fix for this?

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

I can't really say an estimate... these things may take time (2-3 months perhaps?).

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @The_Dark_Matter

We would like to thank you for your efforts in this matter and for reporting this to us.

Since we were able to reproduce this and we are currently investigating it under the BUG ID 14015516075 with the driver team but no ETA, we would like to know if it is ok to close this thread?

Newer information (when available) will be posted through the driver's Release Notes and the thread that RonaldM_Intel shared above.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
The_Dark_Matter

Sure go ahead. I hope you guys will provide a fix for asap. 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello The_Dark_Matter

Thank you for your response and for your understanding. We will proceed to close the thread now.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos