Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Asus N580GD 6 bit not showing 8

rodlab2x
Beginner

Hi,

I have problems with my laptop screen looking yellowish and discovered that it had become 6 bit instead of 8 bit. Seems to be a problem with intel graphic driver not being compatible.

I know my screen model is https://www.panelook.com/LTN156FL02-P01_Samsung_15.6_LCM_overview_45621.html

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rodrigo

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did you install this screen yourself?

Was the color ok before you installed this screen?

0 Kudos
rodlab2x
Beginner

I got it as replacement as my original burnt. 

Original model was LTN156FL02-101 but seller said that was replaced by this newer model LTN156FL02-P01.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Take it back to the seller.  I have seen this too many times, where the replacement is not the correct screen.   If the seller objects, have him show you how to make it right.

0 Kudos
rodlab2x
Beginner

The problem is that I live in another country. So I paid their shipping plus extra shipping to my country. So now paying 40 to ship it back is loss, I prefer to look for another screen and keep this one meanwhile.

I've seen this one in aliexpress. Do you think it will be better?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001435926649.html

0 Kudos
rodlab2x
Beginner

They said this exactly.

Hi Rodrigo,

There was no mistake. We sell parts that are compatible:
https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/section/Articles/1245191276/Understanding+what+is+a+compatible+LCD+screen/

We sell brand new LCDs, and some of the older version LCDs are simply not available in brand-new condition, thats why we sell the newer compatible models, which are of the exact spec or better than the panel which is being replaced.

"15.6-inch WideScreen UHD (3840x2160) Glossy. -> compatible <- with p/n LTN156FL02-101"

However, in this case there is no technical difference between LTN156FL02-101 and LTN156FL02-P01 as the P01 is a newer version based off the 101 reference design, it is a minor extension in the model nomenclature, not relevant to the panel's 8-bit capability.

You could try to installing the latest graphics driver and firmware updates from ASUS for your laptop, it may rectify the situation.

Alternatively, you are welcome to send the panel back for a full refund:

RMA 405819
Las Vegas, NV
Unit 6, 3955 W. Mesa Vista Ave., Las Vegas, NV, 89118

Unfortunately we cannot provide pre-paid return labels from El Salvador, we only advertise free return shipping with-in continental USA and Canada.

Regards,

Ellis
LaptopScreen.com

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"Compatible" is a relative term.    Sorry, this is not an Intel problem.

0 Kudos
rodlab2x
Beginner

I just thought that maybe as I have seen some threads with similar problem with yellow 6 bit and solved with driver tweaks.

0 Kudos