Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Automatic brightness on/off on darker scence

Nikhilnik
Novice

In my laptop processor is i5-1135g7 and only graphics is Intel Iris xe 80eu. The problem what i am facing is brightness automatic get dim on battery power when dark background is there. Intel graphics command center is of latest version. and there is no any option under power menu in intel graphic commant center to control adaptive brightness. This feature is quite annoying sometimes. How to disable it???????

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Use the driver provided by your laptop manufacturer, not the Intel generic driver.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Nikhilnik
Novice

The only driver i found by manually selecting for drivers on product page are:

Intel-Iris-Xe-UHD-Graphics-Driver_M37J4_WIN_27.20.100.8853_A01

Is this intel provided or dell provided driver????After installing this still problem persist.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Looks like it is provided by your laptop manufacturer.  They are supposed to have tested it with their hardware.  I would contact the laptop manufacturer.

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Nikhilnik
Novice

ok, this is the file

So there is no any solution for now????

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @Nikhilnik 

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

After checking the information provided and the reports, we see that your system is up to date. This behavior is a dynamic brightness change that is unrelated to the 'Adaptive brightness' setting in Windows. The behavior is somewhat tied to the power management settings in graphics drivers, which, when disabled, allow the screen to maintain a constant brightness level. Below is the instruction on how to change the setting inside the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel and the Intel® Graphics Command Center:

• Disable Display Power Saving Technology in the Intel® Graphics Control Panel
  1. Open Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel
    1. Select Power
    2. Select On Battery
    3. Disable the Display Power Saving Technology (Intel® DPST)
    4. Set Graphics Power Plan to Maximum Performance
    5. Save changes and exit.
  • Disable Display Power Saving Technology in the Intel® Graphics Command Center
  1. Open the Intel® Graphics Command Center
    1. Select System
    2. Select Power
    3. In On Batterydisable display Power Savings
    4. Set Power Plan to Maximum Performance
    5. Save changes and exit.

After you followed those instructions, if the steps still don't work, please test the latest Intel driver for testing purposes:

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Nikhilnik
Novice

I have no option to change power. In power menu there is only information is showing there i cant change anything.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @Nikhilnik 

Thank you for the update, were you able to test the latest driver? (Version: 27.20.100.9316)

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information. 

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Nikhilnik
Novice
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Nikhilnik 

Thank you for your response

We will start an investigation on this, we will post the updates on this thread. 

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Nikhilnik 

Thank you for waiting. We completed the testing phase, this is a feature that is available in most product with Intel® graphics, if you don't see this option available (Display Power Saving Technology) it's because of OEM customizations.

We tried to reproduce this but following the previous steps resolved the problem. We recommend that you check with issue with the OEM for more troubleshooting and verify if this might be a common issue with your system.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Nikhilnik

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos