Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20953 Discussions

BSOD VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE ARC A370M

Alexeykiselev
Novice

Hello! i bought lenovo ideapad 5 pro 16iah7 laptop with arc a370m graphics card. The problem occurs when working with graphic applications such as Autocad and Revit. This problem has not been seen before. When idle for several minutes, hardware acceleration is disabled in applications and after enabling it, a BSOD appears with a video_tdr_failure error on the igdkmdnd64.sys file. I tried installing both the latest drivers and the previous ones, rolled back the BIOS, reinstalled Windows. Nothing helps

1 Solution
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Alexeykiselev

Thank you for your response. Is the issue completely resolved?

If you still need assistance, do not forget to generate and attach the reports I requested before: Intel® System Support Utility for Windows and Intel® Intel Graphics Command Center

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Alexeykiselev

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

I am sorry to hear that you have problems with Intel® Arc™ A370M Graphics, and I’ll be more than happy to help you.

Please answer the following:

·      Were those apps working properly before?

·      AutoCad version.

·      Screenshot of the error.

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Then, please generate and attach the Report for Intel® Intel Graphics Command Center

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Alexeykiselev
Novice

Good afternoon! Thanks for the answer. I solved the problem by completely uninstalling the graphics card driver and installing the 2022 driver from the Lenovo website. Windows automatically installs new drivers that do not work properly. Deal with this issue of updating broken drivers. Thank you

The problem was at the time of switching from intel xe graphics to arc a370m. Your intel driver and support assistant utility prompts you to install the latest drivers, which also does not work

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Alexeykiselev

Thank you for your response. Is the issue completely resolved?

If you still need assistance, do not forget to generate and attach the reports I requested before: Intel® System Support Utility for Windows and Intel® Intel Graphics Command Center

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Alexeykiselev
Novice

Good afternoon. Yes, my problem is solved. I ask you to look into this issue in order to avoid such problems for other users. Thank you

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Alexeykiselev

It was a pleasure to assist you. We can definitely look into it.

Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Fritzycat
Beginner

I have the exact same laptop with Intel(R) Arc(TM) A370M Graphics and experience the same BSOD error when using Autodesk Fusion 360. I've struggled with this issue on this laptop since I purchase it over a year ago. 

@Alexeykiselev , Could you share the version of video driver you are using? Perhaps a link to somewhere I can download it? The only version available on the Lenovo site is:

Driver Version 31.0.101.4502

Date: 6/15/2023

I also tried the most current drivers from the Intel site and have the same issue:

Driver Version 31.0.101.5333

Release date: February 26, 2024

0 Kudos
Alexeykiselev
Novice

Hello!

My driver versions:

Intel(R) Arc(TM) A370 Graphics - 30.0.101.1747 (07.07.2022)

Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics - 31.0.101.3616 (02.09.2022)

I have no problems with this configuration. I downloaded these drivers from the Lenovo website

0 Kudos
Fritzycat
Beginner

@Alexeykiselev wrote:

Hello!

My driver versions:

Intel(R) Arc(TM) A370 Graphics - 30.0.101.1747 (07.07.2022)

Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics - 31.0.101.3616 (02.09.2022)

I have no problems with this configuration. I downloaded these drivers from the Lenovo website

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my post.

I'll check the Lenovo site for those driver versions.

0 Kudos
Alexeykiselev
Novice

Hi! No problem, you are welcome.

If you don’t find drivers on the Lenovo website, then write to me, I will send a link to Google Drive, if the forum rules do not prohibit this

0 Kudos
Fritzycat
Beginner

Thank you again.

I wasn't able to find the drivers on the Lenovo site. However, I think I found the same driver versions on the Microsoft Update Catalog.

Arc Drivers here: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=30.0.101.1747%2022H2 

Xe Drivers here: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=31.0.101.3616%2022H2 

I'm testing Fusion 360 with these drivers installed now. I will provide an update tomorrow. If they don't resolve the issue, then I may want to try the installers you have used successfully.

0 Kudos
Fritzycat
Beginner

Fusion 360 has been running for more than 24 hours (mostly in the background). I haven't had it crash on me or get a BSOD yet. This is the longest continuous run for F360 I have ever seen on this laptop. Thank you for sharing the driver details.👍

By the way - I did try just installing the Arc driver and kept the newer Xe driver, but I still had crashes/BSODs. I had to install BOTH Arc and Xe to get a stable system.

0 Kudos
Alexeykiselev
Novice

Hello! Yes, you need to install both drivers, Arc and Xe. I'm glad I could help you. Best wishes!

0 Kudos