Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

BUG: An issue with the power consumption regarding Iris Xe max on Acer Swift 3x

nprandom
Beginner

I have been using Hardwareinfo to monitor the total consumption of my Acer Swift 3x. The issue is that everytime when I start my Laptop, the total power consumption goes to around 12W at standby status. This issue can only be fixed by restarting Iris Xe max graphic card: after manually disabling and enabling Irix Xe Max in device manager, the total power consumption will become about 4W and stable at standby mode.

I have tried many times with many different version drivers, the results are similar. The total power consumption is always around 12W when I am actually doing nothing. Only diable and enable Irix Xe Max in device manager again can make things better (around 4W).

Can you please just and a program that can restart the discrete graphic card everytime when the computer is started? I don't want to do it manually everytime but it can bring me a tripple battert life.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello nprandom,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

When it comes to graphics power consumption in laptops you need to bear in mind that, we weren’t the ones responsible for the integration of the processor that comes with your graphics. What we do is provide the component to the different manufacturers, and they are in charge of integrating that component into what is going to be either an OEM(original equipment manufacturer) desktop or laptop system.

Also, please take into account that we can’t validate third-party test results based on something that we have no control off, our generic drivers and the drivers customized by Acer allow communication between the operating system and the component in charge of, in this case, graphic tasks; however, the general power consumption is managed by the OS, not the driver.

What we recommend is for you to get in touch with either Microsoft or your laptop’s OEM(Acer) so you can adjust your real-life observations/results with their public specifications per system.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello nprandom,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello nprandom,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Victor G. 

0 Kudos