Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Basically I have a problem with my updates. I get an update by the Driver Updates for my graphics, when I head to install the updates, it can't install because it's not compatible.

AVite2
Beginner

The thing I'm trying to say is, why would it tell me I have updates when they're not even compatible? Please help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Gee, so little information...

What is the model number of your processor?

What is the model number of your laptop or system/motherboard?

Do you have dual graphics?

What version of Windows 10? 1909?

What graphics do you have?

Doc

0 Kudos
AVite2
Beginner

Hi!

Don't know about the first, but I'll just say what it says in System Information.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz

E1_771 (Acer)

I don't think so.

Indeed Windows 10 1909.

Intel Graphics 4000.

I hope this can help you figure it out.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

this is your processor"

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/65700/intel-core-i3-3110m-processor-3m-cache-2-40-ghz.html

The latest driver for your processor is here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29311?product=65700

However, you should be using the driver provided by Acer.

Doc

AVite2
Beginner

Hi! I tried doing those ways, it said it failed running more applications for the update. I have looked n the Acer website and looked at the Driver Updates through their Driver and Manual updates and no updates appeared for it.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
JJoke1
Beginner

Intel had the drivers uploaded incorrectly. You are getting the 32 bit driver for a 64 bit system, or vice versa. Check the download directory on your system to confirm. If you can find the correct driver, download it manually. Install manually as well. The software assistant is useless. I tried it twice and it failed each time. The correct 64 bit driver installed fine. I chatted with support, but I thought I would check here. I'm sure others are having the same issue. BTW, we do NOT have the same hardware. So, Intel needs to fix a bunch of issues. Try finding the file and do it manually. It should work. Good luck.

0 Kudos