Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Beta Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Beta Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 for TITANFALL* and Thief*

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee
UPDATE: The beta program for this driver is now closed. Please find the released drivers at the following links:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23713 Windows 32-bit

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714 Windows 64-bit

Discussion on this driver should be directed on this thread: /thread/49681 https://communities.intel.com/thread/49681

Thanks all who participated in the beta driver program. Your feedback was very much appreciated.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23644 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23644

165 Replies
CPass2
Beginner

I'm waiting till they fix the black screen issue. I don't feel like hooking my laptop up to my tv in order to use it.

0 Kudos
cmule
Beginner

but does your laptop still have a black screen??

0 Kudos
NHawk2
Beginner

I've got an Asus K55A with

Intel i5-3230M, 2.6ghz & Intel HD4000 GPU

I don't know if this helps or not, but when I installed the beta drivers and my display went black, I plugged my laptop up to an external monitor via RGB and I could play the game without any rendering issues. Furthermore, I noticed that in my Device Manager, my built-in display had been disconnected as if it had just been unplugged - it even made the Windows 8 usb disconnecting sound. The issue could be that simply the code is disconnecting the display in order to install the beta drivers, but fails to reconnect the display device afterward. Just my 2 cents, and I'm currently trying to come up with a workaround as well.

I'll keep you all posted.

~Nick

As you can see, this is my Device Manager pre-install of the Beta Drivers. Generic PnP Monitor is my integrated display on my laptop.

Post-install, my external monitor is the only one connected.

After a little digging, I verified that our laptops are rendering the integrated display as disconnected.

0 Kudos
CPass2
Beginner

Yea, I read up about the fact that the driver is disconnecting the internal display driver, forcing you to use an external monitor. I'm not really feeling like doing that currently now that they're in the process of releasing a second driver soon with the fix.

0 Kudos
mmend12
Beginner

i learned how to do this with this youtube video[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V6dZHSv3jE&feature=share&list=LLk_T2UO6MQ9trCiRB4kIWcg Como cambiar la memoria dedicada a los graficos INTEL (en mi caso 4000) - YouTube

0 Kudos
cmule
Beginner

once the new beta driver is released can somebody make a youtube video of how to go about installing it?

0 Kudos
DKim47
Novice

It will be the same installation method most likely. Just make a folder, and put the .zip file into the folder, unzip it, and launch setup.exe file. Then just follow the instructions the setup gives you.

0 Kudos
r3un1on
New Contributor I

also i found 2 Problem with this Driver.

1. Internet Explorer 11 Crashed often.

2. Intel Quicksync not more work with Cyberlink Powerdirector 11.

My System:

Asus Z87-Plus

i7-4770s

16Gb DDR3 1600MHz

Windows 7 x64

0 Kudos
RVand51
Novice

So couldn't wait any longer and i decided to upgrade to this beta driver. I followed all the steps given to install the beta driver. After i rebooted, my screen did not suffer the "black screen" and is running perfectly fine, same goes for Titanfall. Was the second beta driver posted to fix the "black screen" or am I the only lucky guy out there?

This is what I'm running.

intel i7-4700mq cpu @ 2.4ghz

12gb ram

64 bit

Thank you Hp for making my day!

0 Kudos
DKim47
Novice

Yes, you are the lucky one here.

0 Kudos
BDevi3
Beginner

I have a macbook pro (mid-late 2012) running a win 8.1 through bootcamp as a separate boot (not using parallels)

Intel I7 dual core 2.9Ghz and an Intel HD 4000 gpu and with the beta driver, it does not recognize the inbuilt display. With the second beta driver, for the Titanfall and Thief games, will it fix this issue?

0 Kudos
JBrow24
Beginner

I'm on an ASUS Laptop, Intel Core i7, HD Graphics 4000, Windows 8.1

Installed all Windows updates, including the "Recommended" and it fixed the black screen. I heard a reconnect sound, checked resolution, and it was there! Don't know why that worked, forget where I read that suggestion, but try it and reply!

0 Kudos
CPass2
Beginner

After you performed the Windows Update after install, did the game work without the artifacting? Or did the problems return afterwards?

0 Kudos
JBrow24
Beginner

Problems returned, but if you're reading this on your phone because your laptop is hooked up to your tv, this could help until Intel finishes compiling a fix.

0 Kudos
CPass2
Beginner

I'm trying to do this right now, but I can't seem to get Windows Update to download ANY of my updates. I have 92 updates that haven't been installed and for some reason it can't connect and download. I tried using the troubleshooting tool and it says it fixed it but nothing is still getting downloaded. Now that's frustrating.

0 Kudos
ASmit26
Novice

I've got an Asus Notebook running Windows 8.1 that I bought a few months ago, came with a 2 Core, 4 Processor 4th Gen Intel Processor @ 1.60 GHz and an Intel HD 4400 GPU, with as current of a driver as I can get at the moment without downloading the beta driver. Runs most games just fine, but ran into issues with Titanfall in which most of the models and some portions of the map elements bug out and glitch out, causing my vision to be obstructed.

I would very much like to run Titanfall, but the accounts I've seen of the beta driver are...mixed. I wanna know, is the black-screen issue a matter of chance? Because I don't really have a second monitor to plug into my laptop if it is.

0 Kudos
DKim47
Novice

Any updates? Is it coming VERY soon? or will it take a few more days?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

For users of mobile systems, we have posted the updated beta graphics driver with the black screen fix.

I recommend uninstalling any existing graphics drivers and rebooting before install this beat graphics driver.

To uninstall the existing graphics driver:

1. Open the Control Panel

2. Click "Programs and Features"

3. Select the "Intel Graphics Driver" from the list

4. Click Uninstall

5. When the uninstall is complete, reboot the system and then install the updated beta graphics.

You can download the driver here:

Link: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23644 Iris™ and HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1
cmule
Beginner

can you include instructions on how to install the updated beta. and will it make titanfall fully functional without any glitches??

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ cheech_m,, See the post above, # 100.

0 Kudos
ASmit26
Novice

Will uninstalling the original driver cause the display/monitor to stop working? I've never tried something like this before, so I'm a little wary about completely uninstalling a driver, and I'd just like to make sure I'm not doing anything overly risky.

0 Kudos