Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Beta Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Beta Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 for TITANFALL* and Thief*

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee
UPDATE: The beta program for this driver is now closed. Please find the released drivers at the following links:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23713 Windows 32-bit

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714 Windows 64-bit

Discussion on this driver should be directed on this thread: /thread/49681 https://communities.intel.com/thread/49681

Thanks all who participated in the beta driver program. Your feedback was very much appreciated.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23644 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23644

165 Replies
DJ1
Beginner

Awesome thanks alot for the info and input suyash

0 Kudos
MKniz
Beginner

Low texture res still not fixed for me, HD 4000, even with latest Thief patch and "video ram off".

0 Kudos
SSalu1
Novice

set textures to low when you are starting, and texture filter to aniso x4 , then when you reach ingame and see the texture stream completely , you can clearly notice it on the potrait or the carpet (best) then switch texture to high ...... you can at least see the main menu correctly right?? the posters on the left hand side?? and the option is "limit texture quality to video ram" not video ram which you have to turn off and i am running x64 version

0 Kudos
DJ1
Beginner

I can also confirm that the LOW RES TEXTURES ARE FIXED with the latest 1.3 update and with the in-game texture setting set to low and not ultra low as well as changing the limit texture quality in the pre game launcher. I'm now seeing posters all over the city walls that can also even be seen on the left hand side of the in-game menu that couldn't be before as well as the picture of the low-res example has been fixed in my game.

Also, it may help to start a new game, exit out, and then start a new game again as some of the configuration settings could be getting carried over in those files and its possible that it could affect something like that. Also, as everyone probably already knows that has used it, the thief in-game benchmark is extremely deceiving so i suggest just playing the game and setting your graphic presets to get an acceptable experience without turning everything to the lowest to get a higher benchmark frame-rate. My benchmark is very choppy yet in game i barely notice it ever lagging.

Unfortunately, the the texture pop-out still persists with this update and can be seen within 30 seconds of starting a new game by circling the coffee table in that first room, the carpet section completely goes black at certain angles. Turning down the FOV will help make this less noticeable as it usually seems to happen when something is almost out of your field of view but not always. Although I don't believe this is isolated to just our Intel gpu's at this point.

0 Kudos
AMacD5
Beginner

I noticed the same thing with the floor backing out under the coffee table in the first room. It only happens for me when I crouch. When standing it is fine and also after I put out the candle next to the exit window, not the one near the bed. The candle near the exit window doesn't appear to affect the lighting, visually speaking, but for whatever reason after putting it out, even while crouched the floor doesn't glitch out. Not sure if that can be helpful isolating the cause(s), but I tested it with various settings and in that room at least the result is always the same.

0 Kudos
SSalu1
Novice

Please stop saying that its a texture glitch, objects appearing black is a lighting glitch , to fix it you can disable dynamic lights in the config file but that will cause a gameplay issue in which garett will become invisible to enemies...... i say it again , IT'S NOT A TEXTURE GLITCH,IT'S A LIGHTING BUG DUE TO WHICH OBJECTS APPEAR BLACK IN CERTAIN CASES, TEXTURE GLITCH OCCURRED EARLIER WHEN TEXTURES STREAMED WERE LOW RES.

THE FIX FOR LOW RES TEXTURE IS TO UPDATE TO LATEST PATCH, ALWAYS START THE GAME ON LOW SETTINGS,LOAD SAVE GAME, WHEN IN GAME CHANGE TEXTURE TO HIGH, YOU HAVE TO DO IT EACH TIME IF YOU WANT HIGH TEXTURES, IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH LOW TEXTURE JUST KEEP IT ON LOW(NOT VERY LOW) AND ENJOY THE GAME

0 Kudos
AMacD5
Beginner

Apparently you have difficulties reading. Is that why you post in bold caps? I never said it was a texture glitch. I did say there appears to be 'missing textures' as it does appear as though some textures disappear by becoming blackened when view at certain angles. Not just objects but floors, walls, doors, Garret's hands. Certain surfaces in the environment go black, the surfaces in games are made with textures. All I was saying is that I am also still experiencing the same issue that Dre mentioned a few posts earlier even after the latest update. Not sure why you felt the need to say anything, and to go on and on about the low res things either as that wasn't mentioned at all. I guess whatever makes you feel important I suppose, but I personally am just trying to give feed back to Intel about the beta driver regarding Thief. Isn't that what this forum is for, feedback to Intel? Anyways, have a righteous day!

0 Kudos
DJ1
Beginner

Sorry SUYASH I didn't realize you knew everything about this game, clearly your part of Eidos Montreal development team with that kind of intelligent insight. I should of been running all pertaining information by you before having the nerve to post any of my opinions or information on this forum or any other regarding this game. What was I thinking. Truly how could anyone think or assume that when crouching in a well lit room, or a dark alleyway, or jumping onto a rope in the sunlight, or on a rooftop observing two guards walk down a lit up street and the road going black beneath them, or when looking at a door and instead of simply opening I have to lock-pick that door and upon stating the process the door goes completely black even though there is no light movement or change in that very room happening,, It MUST and CAN ONLY BE A lighting ISSUE! Most definitely 100% could not ever possibly even think about ever being a texture issue and anyone that EVER thinks or assumes that should immediately be BANNED from this forum and all others registered using the same email address.

Is that better SUYASH? I eagerly await your approval on this matter. Everyone else, please do NOT read any of the above until she has made the appropriate approvals. Thanks again SUYASH. bold CAPS 4 lYf y0 ! Keep up the good work and keep thinking you know what your talking about.

0 Kudos
SSalu1
Novice

i wrote it in bold because in the previous page someone had posted the (low res) issue had not been fixed because he didn't read the method properly , it wasn't for you guys , and besides if appearance of black objects is a texture issue , tell me why changing

DynamicLights=FALSE

in thiefgame.ini would fix the issue .. Please follow the eidos official forum before trying to mock someone ... and the aim of this post is to help other users not to mock each other...

0 Kudos
AMacD5
Beginner

I only responded Suyash691 because you replied to my post. But thank you for the info on dynamic lighting effects, I will try that later when I have a moment to do so.

0 Kudos
JShie4
Beginner

When I attempt to run Setup out of the folder, a box pops up saying the driver is not validated for this computer, and then it closes. I'm using an HD 4400 card. Help? Thanks!

0 Kudos
SGros4
Beginner

Why is Titanfall so laggy? I have intel hd 4000 and im only getting 10 fps

0 Kudos
DJ1
Beginner

Mainly because it doesn't even meet the minimum system requirements for Titanfall.. But turning down the resolution along with all the graphics settings and turning things like physx or the like off and everything to low will help alot. I personally haven't played the game and dont really plan to. That game is probably just as big of a hog as BF4 so I wouldn't expect much.

KingJon- Go to device manager, right clock your gpu under display adapters, install software, then click the options that allow you to pick the folder its in, click have disk, go to where the beta driver is and a single file should be showing, double click it and let it install. Also a good idea to uninstall your current driver first, and then doing the manual install method. Yes you can run your computer without any intel driver installed but the resolution will change until you restart your computer after the beta install.

0 Kudos
AMacD5
Beginner

I as well can confirm that the new thief update hasn't fixed the missing textures. Otherwise the game is fine.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Lets keep it civil gentlemen.

0 Kudos
DJ1
Beginner

Nice, Robert has made it back to the thread, how's it going/ just wondering how the next official drivers/ beta are coming along? I find the current beta works just as well as i can tell as any other driver i've tried, including on a seemingly glitchy game like Alan Wake that previously had all black textures, basically a negative colour scheme if that makes sense, with the .2843? driver I believe it was, not that its current but obviously there was some type of major issue there that was resolved at at some point as well as getting a damn smooth framerate on games like Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, Max Payne 3, Dead Space 2 (as well as 3 but only tested with the official), and obviously a game like South Park Stick of Truth runs flawless on my side with the hd4000.

I know this thread/ driver has nothing to do with those games but the fact that it works well for them obviously shows that more than just Thief and Titanfall work well with this driver so maybe that info can be used in development of the next driver.

A quick question for you though, is it possible to do a gaming specific driver used to just try to squeeze every last frame out of these gpu's? Maybe it would still be a "beta" driver where everyone else not using their pc for gaming/ not looking for the extra performance would never even think about installing. I believe most other serious gamers that are finding they can play the current AAA games with these gpu's, would deal with a bit of instability/ smoothed edges in exchange for the extra FPS. Thanks in advance for your reply.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Dre,,, interesting question regarding a custom "gaming" driver. I will see what I can find out.

Robert

0 Kudos
DJ1
Beginner

Awesome, thanks so much for the quick reply Robert I really appreciate it and I'm sure a heck of a lot of other people would too if this became possible in any form. The power of these gpu's with the right setup can honestly, in my opinion, compare to and probably even out perform the xbox360. I have an xbox360, all games look better on this pc with the turned down settings that the standard settings on most 360 games. That fact in itself shows that these gpu's deserve a true gaming setup just to show how much they can really put out and I'm sure Intel's consumer opinion would only increase (not that it needs that). Thanks again team.

0 Kudos
DKim47
Novice

Arguing in official intel support forum will not help anything...