Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Beta Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 32 & 64-bit versions 15.36.20.4206 for Haswell and Broadwell

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Purpose:

This beta driver is released to resolve issues some users are reporting regarding a "flickering display" issue on some Intel Haswell and Broadwell based NUC products.

These beta drivers are provided "as is" and are not supported by Intel Technical Support or any other department at Intel. According to the license agreement, these preview drivers are provided "as is."

Issues related or due to these drivers are not supported by Intel® Technical Support. However, we at Intel appreciate your feedback in this matter.

We have provided an Intel Communities Forum to discuss your experiences with the beta driver program.

Direct link for 32bit and 64 bit versions: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24937 ttp://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24937

18 Replies
DBord2
Novice

Hello,

I installed to test this driver on my Optimus laptop with Intel HD 4600 & GTX980m.

Nvidia drivers are the latest 350.12

The issues remain the same as with the previous driver: impossible to run many games (i.e. Dragon Age inquisition and Bioshock Infinite) at full screen.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Davide

The issues you mention are still under investigation by our development team. This beta driver was posted specifically to address a flickering display issue with some Intel NUC systems.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

First issue with MadShaders v0.4.0/v0.4.1 reported on previous drivers has been fixed with this release.

Unfortunately both the other two issues remain:

2) 10 bit output bug P010/P016 - For H.264 & H.265

3) De-interlacing modes of new API v1.13 crash with this driver release too.

Also, I have to add one more:

4) With new MadShaders v0.4.1 the "Am I dreaming" demo seems to have artifacts while playing.

There are black spots, some times even small black lines in random places all over the screen.

You have to run the demo in fullscreen in order to find them easily.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PWeat
Beginner

Thanks for these drivers!! It's completely fixed the flickering display issues I was having. Tried a bunch of games that were all flickering in-game or started making my display flicker when I exited the game.

Asus Transformer T300 Chi Tablet

- Core M-5Y71 CPU

- HD Graphics 5300

Glad this issue seems to be fixed it was extremely annoying!!!

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

There is some flickering going on in the 2d menu when starting Crysis SP or Project Cars on my HD4600. Haven't seen this before. In 3d it seems fine.

0 Kudos
NClyd
Novice

Hello,

I am really glad that this beta driver seems to have fixed my black screen flickering display while playing games. I have found another issue though, every time I unplug or plug the AC adapter, the screen will go black for around 3 seconds and goes back to normal (I have yet to know if this is caused by this beta driver or something else but I am certainly sure I haven't ran into this issue before. This has not happen on my old graphics card driver or on any graphics driver updates from your site and my manufacturers.)

Here is my system specs:

Manufacturer: HP

Product ID: HP15r110dx

GPU: Intel HD 4400

CPU: Intel Core i5-4210U

RAM: 6 GB

I'm really happy for fixing the flickering display issue, but another issue came along

EDIT: Looks like a driver issue, reverted back to my last graphics driver version Intel HD 4400 10.18.10.3621 and the black screen did not show up when unplugging or plugging the AC adapter on the laptop.

0 Kudos
SHuan52
Beginner

Hi,

My problems still exists after updating to 15.36.20.64.4206; flickering after exit game. And the game is still unplayable (see below). I have tried the driver on 2 same NUCs and the problem persists, I guess it's the driver's issue.

Product:nuc5i3RYH

GPU: HD 6000

RAM:16GB

HDD: Samsung xp941 SSD and Samsung 2tb HDD

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ -%3DS%3D-, Could you post more detail on how to reproduce the issue? Also post the game information including game version and any patches, and the game settings. If you could also post you system DXDiag report that would be helpful.

If you also want to verify the issue with the latest production driver see - NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Driver update posted for Haswell and Broadwell version 15.36.21.4222

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
DHoga2
Valued Contributor II

Although I can't be sure (since flickering problem was intermittent), the Beta driver has seemed to reduce my flickering issue on 64-bit Windows 8.1 NUC5i5 after resume from sleep (where intermittently the whole screen would flicker as I moved the mouse, only usable again by power-cycle). However, on one occasion I saw brief temporary flicker on portion of screen (near bottom) within seconds of resume, and on one other occasion (right now) the bottom inch of so of display keeps flickering especially when I move mouse in certain places such as around task bar and/or when I switch to the default PDF viewer in Windows 8.1.

So to recap, flicking problem (after resume from sleep) seems better but not completely solved.

0 Kudos
KDiCe
Novice

Trying to play youtube videos causes chrome to crash or freeze with these drivers on my i7 NUC. They started working again after going back to the stable drivers.

SHuan52
Beginner

I think mine suffers the same problem and I thought it was because of the Chrome update.

Product:nuc5i3RYH

0 Kudos
RGeig
Beginner

I wrote already a bug-report in this thread, but I should report it here also.

Short summary:

It it not possible (or only with a manual override in the driver) to set a resolution smaller then 4k on a 4kTV.

It will output 4k with a stretched 2k resolution.

Using "show all modi" and selecting 1920*1080*32 60Hz show a real 1920*1080 resolution with 60Hz.

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

Just a small false rendering with MadShaders.

It was there from the beginning since version 0.3.0 and all Intel OpenGL drivers, but it was difficult to notice because the driver renders something, but not the right output.

The demo is called "flaring" -> flaring_gl2.xml

0 Kudos
DWhit24
New Contributor II

Also seeing a bit of flickering after returning from "sleep" mode on Windows 8.1 after downloading above drivers. Made a system restore point so going back to original 4156 drivers where problem still occurs in a much larger scale.

Update: After downloading/installing old 4080 Jan 15 driver, marked improvement at not experiencing flickering or artifacts on Sign-in screen, desktop screen, or Metro screen coming out of sleep. No games, Windows 8.1 on a DP connected Dell U2414h. Will continue testing for a couple more days.

0 Kudos
kx1
New Contributor I

This driver causes the Google Chrome GPU process to use all the CPU and locks up Chrome until that process is killed.

This driver fixes an issue ( the issue is in the current "stable" driver) where playing videos full screen in mpv using hardware acceleration causes all kinds of graphical glitches.

0 Kudos
kx1
New Contributor I

Another bug in this driver - Sometimes when waking from sleep in Windows 8.1, and unlocking, the background image that covers the lock screen (you need to push a key to get it to go away so you can enter your password) will flicker constantly, even after unlocked and on the desktop until Windows is rebooted. Doing Win+L to force Windows back to the lock screen does not clear the flickering.

Edit: I now realize this is what this driver is supposed to fix, we can mark this issue as still active then.

0 Kudos
GTjou
Novice

I am experiencing this as well with the appearance of artifacts followed by the screen flashing on and and off until the machine is shut down. This appears to occur randomly when just browsing the web... I do not see any improvement in the issue with the beta release driver, win64_153620b.zip.

Product: nuc5i7RYH

0 Kudos
kinoa
Beginner

can intel fixed their driver issues with intel 4000 anisotropic filtering doesn't work the intel control panel doesn't even work with direct x games they just release drive for 4th generation proccesors

0 Kudos