Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Better win10 driver

Michael65
Beginner

Hi, i have 2 Intel Mainbords (j1900 & Q2900) both with an Intel Gen 7 Grafik unit.

Both Mainbords have the same behavior.

If I use the standard Drivers for Win 10 64 bit , the max. Resolution is 1920 * 1080.

If I use Ubuntu  the max. Resolution is 2560 * 1080.

Are there a Option to get a Driver with this max Option also for Win 10?

Please sent a hint.

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Michael65

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Are you using a straight-through connection with a single cable? Or are you using any type of video adapters, converters, or dockings? Please provide details and what type of cables and video ports you are using (e.g. DisplayPort*, HDMI*, VGA, DVI?).

2- Are these new systems? Were you able to achieve the desired resolution (2560 * 1080) before or are you experiencing this behavior since the first day that you have the devices?

3- If this worked as expected before at any moment, were there any recent hardware or software changes that might relate to the point when the behavior started? (For instance, Windows®, driver, software, or BIOS updates?)

4- For each system, please run the following reports. Please make sure to name the reports with different file names and make sure to upload all the reports for each system:

4.1-Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link

4.2- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Michael65

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Michael65
Beginner

oHe^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+--^+---

Hello Andrew, thanks for your your responce attached the SSU file. Just to explain the story, as long as i used a standard Monitor (1920 * 1080) i did not realyse the issue, now i changed to an larger Monitor and as i work with different OS i realized the delta. The other HW itself stay as it is. So the question stay as it is do we have an  Windows driver which has the same capabillity like the Linux (ubuntu 2560 *1080) one.

Regards Michael

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
We need a DXDiag report as well. You can either run DXDiag yourself or (preferred) run SSU again, but this time enable *all* data categories before running the report.
...S
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Michael65

Thank you for your response and for the Intel® SSU report.

However, it seems we are missing some details. Could you please confirm the following information?

1- Are you using a straight-through connection with a single cable? Or are you using any type of video adapters, converters, or dockings?

2- What type of cables and video ports are you using to connect the display and the computer? (e.g. DisplayPort*, HDMI*, VGA, DVI?).

3- Monitor brand and full model:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Michael65
Beginner

Dear Andrew,

the Monitor is an Samsung S34J55 and I am aware the the full resolution can not be reached.

The connection is an Standard HDMI cable, direct no switch or so.

I have just 2 OS on the system (Win 10 & Ubuntu).

As written it works with Ubuntu (Resolution 2560 * 1080) with the same HW, means for me it is an Driver issue not an HW issue.

Just check if you see an Option.

Warm Regards

Michael

0 Kudos
Michael65
Beginner

Attached the screen prints as symptoms.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Michael65

Thank you for your response and for these details.

Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Michael65

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

In regards to this behavior, the motherboard's website for ASRock* Q2900-ITX only refers to "Microsoft® Windows*" for information about "Operating System" (OS) support. Also, under "Specifications > Graphics" it says:

• Supports HDMI Technology with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz

In this scenario, we recommend contacting the motherboard manufacturer to confirm the HDMI Capabilities and if the features are supported only by specific OS versions or if it is "OS-independent".

Also, since the Intel® Pentium® Processor J2900 is a Bay Trail CPU, this is a 3rd Generation Intel® Processor and as per this article Determine Maximum Supported Resolution on Intel® Graphics Technology, the maximum supported resolution for HDMI 1.4 is 1920x1200 at 60Hz (Based on your chipset, monitor capabilities, and manufacturer configurations, your maximum supported resolution can vary.)

Based on the Intel® SSU report the system is running graphics driver version "10.18.10.4358" and BIOS version P1.40 so we noticed that you may have pending updates. You can review and make sure that your system is up to date. For instance, you may try updating to the latest Intel® generic graphics driver 15.33.53.5161 and checking with your OEM ASRock* for assistance to update the BIOS (as per ASRock* website the latest BIOS is 1.60). However, if the behavior persists, our recommendation is to contact ASRock* Support for further assistance and to verify graphics capabilities.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Michael65

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Michael65
Beginner

Hello Andrew,

the issue is not solved, but I think that I found the delta between the Win driver and the Linux driver.

The win driver support 16:9 resolution and the Linux driver supports 21:9 resolution.

As written it is the same Hardware/cable/connector.

Thank you for the support.

Regards Michael

0 Kudos