Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Black Screen while screensharing on zoom

Shelley1
Beginner

Hey there!

Brand new laptop. I am trying to share my screen on Zoom, and all that can be seen is a black screen. Directions given on Zoom website are for Nvidea, and don't apply. What do I have to do to make my screen sharable???

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Shelley1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

I found this link where the app developer explains how to share your screen in a zoom meeting https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153-Sharing-your-screen-content-or-second-camera. If you need more detailed guidance please contact Zoom Support since we do not handle the app settings.

If the issue persists, please provide us with a video with the specific steps you're following to share your screen so will be able to try to replicate the issue in our labs.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Shelley1,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Shelley1,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
coolpolar
Beginner

I got the same problem yesterday. While screen sharing in Zoom, my Acer computer completely blacked out. It is a brand new laptop. I'm using Intel Core i7 10th generation (Intel Iris Plus graphics), 16GB RAM and 512 SSD memory space. Zoom's solution is to use NVIDIA control panel settings, but my Acer laptop doesn't support NVIDIA. At first, I bought this laptop as I thought that my previous laptop working on Intel Celeron and 8GB ram was not good enough to run zoom. 

When the screen recovers, all the texts and pictures became blurry! I've just updated the latest intel driver today. Please see the screen shot of my graphic card description. 

But the same issue happened. I've just updated my graphic card driver settings. And I tried all the solutions, including updating WIndows. I'm not sure if this is a problem with Zoom or intel graphics card.  

It doesn't just happen on ZOom, but on Microsoft office applications. Please check the video below. Is this the graphics card problem or Zoom and Microsoft office application bugs? hope it can be resolved

0 Kudos