Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Brightness Monitor can not be set.

DRegt
Beginner

Problem: Brightness Monitor can not be set (display continuous 100%)

Processor: Intel® Pentium® CPU N3520 @ 2.16GHz

Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics

Installed Driver Version: Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 10.18.10.5059

Used Tool: "Intel Driver & Support Assistant"

After the Upgrade to Windows 1809 the brightness of the screen is no longer adjustable.

New Driver has been installed however Windows continues to display the Properties:

"The driver for this device has been blocked and can not be started because it is not compatible with Windows (Code 48)."

Which Driver do I need to install to make it available again?

Riks Daalder

durkdaalder@gmail.com

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello DRegt, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. You do have the latest graphics version installed. You can check that here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/85552/Intel-HD-Graphics-for-Intel-Atom-Processor-Z3700-Series. The Processor Graphics for your unit is Intel® HD Graphics for Intel Atom® Processor Z3700 Series. Have you check with your computer manufacturer if Windows 10 1809 is compatible with your computer model? Is possible that your computer is not fully compatible with this build version; therefore, the error message you are getting and also the brightness feature not being available. You can always rollback the update and stay with the previous one to avoid these issues. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you need further assistance let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intël Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos