Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization

CPU

Sparky39
Beginner

I have this motherboard as per pics attached showing specs just wondering as to upgrading the CPU I know this motherboard is old now but is there anyway to upgrade further than it is?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have attached the Compatible Processors document for this motherboard. As you can see, it is possible to upgrade to 2nd gen Core i7 processors as well as to potentially upgrade the BIOS to support 3rd gen Core i3/i5/i7 processors. I have also attached the board's last BIOS release (including release notes) and a number of other related documents.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Sparky39
Beginner
0 Kudos
Sparky39
Beginner

Scott,

I contacted my computer guy seems he is not interested just wants to sell me a new motherboard / CPU and memory but told him I dont wont to go that far PC works fine maybe a little slow at doing some tasks, SO I thought I could try just replacing the CPU with a i7 not so difficult as Bios update for me that maybe a little scary!

Only thing I dont understand what is comparable for a new CPU for my board any chance you can point me in the right direction?

Some specs i found

BIOS currently is :- BLH6710H.86A.0146.2011.1222.1415

0 Kudos
Sparky39
Beginner

Scott,

Dont worry at the moment as I have found a i7 2nd gen that I was assured was compatible so will install that and see how much better is than the i5.

This is what I bought 

Intel Core i7-2600K, 3.4GHz, 4-Cores, 8MB L# Cache, LGA1155, SR00C, Sandy Bridge

0 Kudos