Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Can anyone help me with this? I am not able to install the update for UHD 630 graphics on my device.

SRINI
Beginner

Screenshot (44).pngScreenshot (42).pngScreenshot (43).png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to contact lenovo for assistance with your laptop, and you need to use the drivers provided by lenovo.

Lenovo is solely responsible for your support.

Doc

Eray1
Beginner

You can use DDU to wipe off the Lenovo-provided graphics driver and then install the one from Intel.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

0 Kudos
SRINI
Beginner

Does it cause any errors or failures?Just asking...

0 Kudos
Eray1
Beginner

Not at all. Otherwise, you can remove the driver through the Driver​ Manager by hitting the Uninstall device option and checking the box that says 'Remove drivers/software'.

That's going to work too.​

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should always be concerned and cautious of magical 3rd party utilities downloaded from these sites.

And, you should contact lenovo, as I suggested for assistance. You paid them for support. Make them earn it.

Doc

0 Kudos
SRINI
Beginner

Thank you sir for your concern.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello SRINI,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the screenshot provided, I noticed you are currently running graphics driver version 26.20.100.6999.

According to Lenovo™ website* this seems to be the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver available for the Lenovo™ 81FV laptop. This would mean the laptop is running the most updated driver release from Lenovo. You may double-check using the following link:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-y530-15ich/81fv/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Display%20and%20Video%20Graphics

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

The graphics driver downloaded from downloadcenter.intel.com is generic. These graphics drivers are meant to be used for reference and testing, yet they do not have your system information in its ".inf" files (hence why they may not install at all on your Lenovo™ laptop).

Since the driver or software for your Intel component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer (Lenovo), we recommend using only the OEM driver so you don’t lose features or customizations specially if the system has dual graphics.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
SRINI
Beginner

Thanks mate that is really helpful.

0 Kudos