Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Can anyone share the settings for correct video levels when part of an htpc?

pcons5
Beginner

Last year I bought a new PC, Intel UHD 630 graphics, windows 10, leia 18.5 and Panasonic tv.

After experimenting I set things up as Kodi full --> GPU full--> TV limited. Great blacks without crushing.

However I had one nagging doubt about the picture, glare on faces causing loss of detail and looking too cool. Yesterday I tracked down the culprit, the intel contrast enhancer, turned it off and boom, warm glare free skin tones. Problem is blacks are crushed. Not a fan of using gimmicks like the contrast enhancer, but it’s the only way I can achieve proper blacks. Basically I’m looking for a setup to get good blacks without the white glare. If it doesn’t exist, what I’ve got is still stunning, if flawed.

Really I’m just looking for clarification here so that I can forget about all this!

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello cons5, 

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your setup.

Please fill out the Template for submitting a Graphics bug/issue and provide us with the reports requested in the following link.

Template for submitting a Graphics bug/issues

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
pcons5
Beginner

Thanks Wanner G.,

I will certainly do that, but just as a potential time saver, how can i access pixel format settings via Intel software? I had this issue previously of poor blacks with my AMD card, and picking the right one fixed it . In addition a fellow htpc owner has an option to disable ycbcr in his control center and i do not, so for these two reasons i feel this could be the missing piece.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello cons5, 

To provide a response that may help you fix these issues, it is important to have system information first.

Please provide us with the information requested. We will try to provide as much information as we can about these inquiries.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
pcons5
Beginner

There you go.

0 Kudos
pcons5
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
pcons5
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello cons5, 

Thank you for your response.

We will review your system configuration and provide an update soon.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello pcons5,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

Based on the information provided, it seems that your computer is not up to date. First, we would like to recommend that you perform these steps:

Try to install the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver version 26.20.100.6952.

This version should install the Intel® Graphics Command Center. Is this the applet you referred to in one of the questions you answered?

"A friend has a control center option to disable ycbcr and i do not, he has all filters disabled and no video issues."

If the issue persists after installing the OEM driver, please run the DxDiag* report one more time and attach it to the thread.

Additional recommendations:

• It seems that your BIOS is not up to date. Could you please try to update it?

BIOS Version 1007

Note: Try to contact the OEM in case you need step-by-step instructions to update the BIOS.

• How are you connecting the TV to the motherboard? (HDMI*, adapters, etc.)

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
pcons5
Beginner

Connected via hdmi. I will update both.

0 Kudos
pcons5
Beginner

Hi, i‘ve updated the driver, question, why does my friend have the ycbcr option and i do not?

0 Kudos
pcons5
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
pcons5
Beginner

Made a bit of a hash of this! Deleted all files left behind after installation , dlls etc, as they were left in my downloads folder. System restore not working, how can i clean things up?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello pcons5,

Thank you for your response.

The settings available in the Intel® Graphics Control Panel depends greatly on Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customizations made to the driver. This may be different depending on the graphics driver running on the computer, and the model number of the computer (hardware).

Was the original issue fixed by installing a newer graphics driver?

If the issue persists, we would like to recommend following these steps to install a newer generic DCH driver. Please check if the video quality is improved.

In addition, this driver should install the Intel® Graphics Control Panel and the Intel® Graphics Command Center. Try to use them to optimize your computer.

• Steps to install the DCH driver

1. Download the latest DCH driver from downloadcenter.intel.com and save it on your Desktop.

Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

Version: 26.20.100.7870

2. Disconnect from the Internet.

3. Uninstall any existing DCH Graphics driver via Start > Settings > Apps & Features.

4. Uninstall the (DCH) Intel® Graphics Control Panel via Start > Settings > Apps & Features.

5. Restart the computer.

6. In Device Manager > Right-click on "Intel® HD Graphics".

If "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" is already listed skip to step#10.

7. Select "Uninstall device".

8. Enable the option "Delete the driver software for this device" and click "Uninstall".

9. Restart the computer.

This should delete any non-DCH driver stored on Windows driver repository. Repeat steps #6 through #9 until "Intel® HD Graphics" changes to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

10. Install the DCH driver downloaded in step #1.

11. Restart the computer.

12. Reconnect to the Internet.

13. If the Intel® Graphics Control Panel and the Intel® Graphics Command Center are not installed automatically, go to the Microsoft* Store and download them.

14. After that, restart the computer.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
pcons5
Beginner

I am currently stuck in a rut.

7. Select "Uninstall device".

8. Enable the option "Delete the driver software for this device" and click "Uninstall".

9. Restart the computer.

This should delete any non-DCH driver stored on Windows driver repository. Repeat steps #6 through #9 until "Intel® HD Graphics" changes to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

This does not work, i tried it 4 times and after restart i see Intel® HD Graphics and not Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

How many times should i repeat before i know it’s failed?

What can i do instead to achieve a clean removal?

0 Kudos
pcons5
Beginner

Don’t worry this is because I failed to disconnect internet.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello pcons5,

Thank you for the update. 

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
pcons5
Beginner

Clean uninstall done, and installed dch driver. My video issue persists. I’d like to know how to tell which pixel format the software is set to, and how to get YcBcr option to show up.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello pcons5,

The options available in the Intel® Graphics Control Panel such as xvYCC are usually customized by the OEM. They also depend on your hardware (graphics processor, TV, etc.). 

These settings can also be modified through Windows Registry, but you may need to contact Microsoft* to obtain more information about this. 

What we can recommend is that you try to use the Intel® Graphics Command Center. The Intel® Graphics Command Center has more features compared to the Intel® Graphics Control Panel. Was installed automatically? Were you able to install it?

• Open the Intel® Graphics Command Center > Display > Color and try to use the settings available. If possible, attach pictures.

• Also, please attach a graphics report to take a look at the information the driver is getting from the display.

• Intel® Graphics Control Panel
  1. Open the Intel® Graphics Control Panel.
  2. Click on "Options and Support".
  3. On the "Information Center" tab, click on "Save" and choose a location on your computer to save the report.

• Intel® Graphics Command Center
  1. Go to Support > System Diagnostic > Generate report.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello pcons5,

Were you able to follow the recommendations provided?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
pcons5
Beginner

Updated to the latest driver and set my video chain up as full, full, full. Looking good now and all sorted, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos