Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

Can not use Fluid Motion on the i7-8705G? (feat. dell xps 15 9575)

KJin3
Beginner

hi

i opened the radeon control panel to activate the fluid motion, but the video tab does not exist.

Is there a way?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
KJin3
Beginner

None of the current drivers will work. I've already tried the driver for that link.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello KJin3, Thank you for joining our Intel ® Community. I understand that you are unable to activate Fluid motion with your Intel® Core™ i7-8705G Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega M GL graphics. Can you please provide us with a longer/more detailed description of your issue? In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box. Here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
KJin3
Beginner

Hello diego ,

I am now using the dell xps 15 9575 with the i7-8705G (Vega M GL).

In case of Radeon setting window of i7-8809G, it is as follows.

​​

image.png

and ​In case of Radeon setting window of i7-8705G, it is as follows.

image (1).png

Do you notice the difference?

For i7-8809G, there are 5 tabs for game, video, replay, display and system. But for i7-8705G, there are only two tabs of game and system.

The HP X360 Specter and Dell XPS 15 9575 are using the i7-8705G and have the same problem.

I want to know why it is usable in i7-8809G and impossible in i7-8705G.

(Video Tab-> Custom-> Fluid Motion)

I can enable or disable Fluid Motion with an AMD GPU while displaying it on an Nvidia GPU, but currently I can not configure the GPU's capabilities at all.

I suspect that Intel or AMD have created a separate driver for the Vega M GL in the i7-8705G.

Please answer.​

thx

0 Kudos
KJin3
Beginner

Hello diego ,

I have added a system information log. Check plz.

I am very uncomfortable because I can not use the function.

thanks

0 Kudos
KJin3
Beginner

Hello diego,

I have something to recommend.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490Y4MSAU/relive-in-radeon-vega-m-gl-graphics?language=en_US

I think I have the same problem.

currently Vega m is in Hybrid mode and main is iGPU.

and xps 15 9575 can not switch graphics card. (Display port connected to iGPU only.)

my request is to make it possible to select only AMD Steady Video and AMD Fluid Motion Video in Video Tab when Hybrid is not the main output device and Vega M is not the main output device.

the amd graphics card is not the main output device, the two functions of the Video tab are working.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello KJin3, Thank you for your patience. In this case during these past weeks we were able to test fluid motion without issues on a Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HNK with Intel® Core™ i7-8705G, using the latest drivers for that specific unit. We noticed that your systems that work with Intel® Core™ i7-8705G are OEM (Original equipment manufacturer laptops) In this case, since the fluid motion tab is not displayed through the Radeon graphic control panel, the manufacturers of the machine might have added limitations or customization to their drivers to disable this option. We strongly suggest you to: -Make sure all manufacturer drivers are up to date -Contact your system manufacturers for BIOS troubleshooting as the might allow you to enable the option directly form the BIOS. Here are the live support contacts: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04 https://support.hp.com/us-en I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello KJin3, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello KJin3, We just wanted to check if you still need help. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello KJin3, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. We are closing you case as we have not heard anything back from you. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back if further help. Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos