Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Can not use Nvidia GPU in Adobe Premiere Pro

SKuma292
Beginner

I am facing a huge performance issue while using Adobe Premiere Pro. Having 2 GPUs is a huge problem as Intel's GPU is not allowing Nvidia's GPU to function properly. I want to use Nvidia's GPU as my primary GPU but somehow there is no any option to do so. While rendering / exporting, Intel's GPU is always at 8-10% while Nvidia's GPU is at 1-2%. Why can't I use my GPUs to its full power? I want to use my Nvidia's GPU as the primary one. Please help, it drastically reduces my efficiency and speed.Screenshot (162).png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What you need to do is to use both the intel and nvidia drivers provided by your laptop manufacturer. Do not use the intel generic driver.

If you still have issues, contact your laptop manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Al is correct. By loading the standard drivers from Intel and NVIDIA, you have lost the customizations that allowed the drivers to switch which is active. Hard and fast rule: If you have laptop with dual graphics, do not use drivers from the Intel, NVIDIA and/or AMD sites without the laptop manufacturer telling you it is ok to do so.

...S

0 Kudos