Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Can't change profile/performance

HJano1
Beginner

Hello. I work on my laptop Dell Inspiron 15 5579 with Intel Core i7 8550u so I have UHD 620.

I've tried to create "Gaming" profile in Intel UHD Graphics Control Panel, so I created this profile and then I choose "Maximum Performance" in "Graphics Power Plan" in the "Power" settings.

But whenever I open it again, it's always set back to "Balanced Mode" and profile is set to default. Does it mean that it doesn't change at all, or I just don't understand how it works?

Please help me because I'm confused and I really want to get the best possible performance.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AdrianM_Intel

Hello HJano1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Please run the following tools and attach the reports generated.

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

2. DXDIAG 

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
HJano1
Beginner

Hello Adrian,

Thanks for your help. Here are the files you asked me about. (I'm polish so something in those files may be in polish languange).

0 Kudos
HJano1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello HJano1,

Thank you for your response.

I was trying to test this behavior on my end and it seems that it did not happen to me, however I would like to know if I am missing anything on the configuration.

I made a two short videos so you can see what I did. (Videos are attached to the thread).

You can check the following link for more details on How to Use Intel® Graphics Profiles.

Note:

Under Display Profiles, use the drop-down menu to choose between the Current Settings, which is the default profile, or any of your previously created profiles.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Here the other video.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello HJano1,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello HJano1,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

As a recomendation you might try to install Windows® 10 DCH Drivers and use the Intel® Graphics Command Center (ypu can Download it from Microsoft Store*) in order to change the power settings options from there since the Intel® Graphics Control Panel is highly customizable so also you can report this issue to the system manufacturer.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
HJano1
Beginner

Hello, sorry for not responding for a while.

I'm not sure if I have installed the most recent update of drivers because mine looks different than yours. I'm pretty sure I have te lastest avaialble drivers. (I work on Dell Inspiron 15 (5579-9960) with Intel Core i7-8500U with UHD 620)

Screenshot are in polish languange, sorry for that.

123.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello HJano1,

Thank you for your reply.

I can see that the interface of the control panel shown on the screenshots seems to be different than mine and based on the reports you previously shared, the driver 26.20.100.7263 seems to not be a DCH driver.

Correct me if I am wrong but if you can do right-click on your desktop and get the control panel this will confirm that the latest driver released by the system manufacturer is not a DCH driver and this should be reported to the system manufacturer so they can release a new DCH driver version for your system.

For testing porpuses we can try to install Intel generic drivers (DCH) on your system then install Intel® Graphics Command Center since this is the one that must be use when using DCH drivers:

Note: some customizations can be lost when using generic drivers since they are not customized for your system however this is for testing porpuses.

Steps:

• Download the latest Intel® UHD Graphics 620 from our website.
  • Disconnect the computer from internet access so the operating system won't install drivers automatically.
  • Go to apps and features(Windows settings).  
  • Find the Intel Graphics Driver.  
  • Click on Intel Graphics Driver then Uninstall it. 
  • The system must go through a restart to complete the uninstall process.  
  • If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in device manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. 
  • Run the graphics driver you downloaded from our website.  
  • Follow the wizard installation. 

Once the driver 26.20.100.7870 has been successfully installed on your system then go to Microsoft* Store and download Intel® Graphics Command Center then modify the power settings and reboot your system.

Let me know about the result. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello HJano1,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello HJano1,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos