Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21222 Discussions

Can't find correct graphics driver for windows 7.

TMart9
Beginner

Hi. I recently bought the HP Notebook - 17-x115dx and replaced the windows 10 OS with windows 7. The HD graphic driver that came pre-installed was the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver Version: 21.20.16.4471 Rev.A, File name: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76491.exe sp76491. It won't install any longer as it's windows 10 only. I downloaded and installed Intel's Driver Update Utility 2.6 and did a scan, and it came back with what I thought would be the driver I would need,

Intel Graphics Driver [15.45] win64_154510.4542.exe

I downloaded it and attempted to install it but it did not work. I got the error below. Any help would be appreciated!

"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

I basically just have the standard vga with no controls for brightness.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
26 Replies
idata
Employee

Ramunas

I have a HP ProBook 450 G4 with i7 7200U like you as well!

I have been trying and reading this entire thread and it seems like I did something wrong somewhere. Do you mind helping me with the drivers you are using? It would be greatly appreciated as you and I have the same laptop.

I'm missing quite a lot of drivers as well, including USB drivers and Ethernet. Do you have a copy of the drivers you used? Maybe I can imitate the method you use to install Windows 7 onto HP ProBook 450 G4

0 Kudos
RPava
Beginner

BTW, short instruction how to install unsigned drivers:

1.Run cmd with admin rights;

2. Enable test mode:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

3. Reboot

4. Install drivers

5. Disable test mode (again cmd with admin rights):

bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

0 Kudos
BTrai1
Novice

This worked partially, thank you!

One question, I still have "Multimedia Audio Controller" that is an uninstalled device. Is that the HD Graphics audio portion? How do i get this to install?

Intel NUC 7i5 with windows 8.1. Thanks!

On a side note, is it insane that Intel wont support an OS I bought a little over 2 years ago, that is not even close to EOL....sad sad day that Intel lets MS push them around like that

0 Kudos
nwils1
Beginner

Where is the INF file that needs to be modified?

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

nwil schrieb:

Where is the INF file that needs to be modified?

After unzipping you find it at \win64_xxx.xxx\Graphics\igdlh64.inf

0 Kudos
JMasu
Beginner

I am also trying to install Windows 7 on a 7th Gen CPU laptop. Everything works except for HD Graphics 620. I followed your advice and modified the INF file as suggested and I can clearly see HD Graphics 620 is listed in the Device Manager. However, when I go to Screen Resolution->Advanced Settings, it shows VgaSave is running my video card driver and none of the video adapters settings are populated such as Chip Type, DAC Type, Adapter String, Bios all show "unavailable". My Windows Aero does not work, either.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

0 Kudos