Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Can't update IDSA tool because the "Intel Computing Improvement Program" throws an error uninstalling

PGouv1
Beginner

Going through the Intel foruns I found this to be a common error but with no general solution, just a case by case with PM.

IDSA tool used to work until this update with no problem...

I downloaded the DSAUninstaller tool, run it with no errors, but the IDSA 3.7 still don't install.

I have an Lenovo Yoga 720, i7 8550 and attached are the screenshot and log of the errors.

Any help would be very appreciated.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
PGouv1: Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order to try to fix this problem, please verify if you can find Intel® Computing Improvement Program in the Control Panel, "programs" and uninstall it. After uninstalling the exe files and dll's and everything is deleted from the before mentioned folder, it's services are not running anymore and the error messages will not appear anymore. Just in case, here is the link to download the application: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824 If you are looking for the latest version of the graphics driver for your platform, you can also find it in the manufacturer's web site. We actually recommend to install the driver provided by Lenovo, since that driver were customized by them to work with your specific platform. Not sure if the model showing in the link below is the specific product that you are using, but you can always try to find it in there if you are working different model, the latest Intel® graphics driver showing i the link is 22.20.16.4749, but there is also a driver from Nvidia available 23.21.13.9125: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-720-15ikb/downloads Since the processor works with Intel® UHD Graphics 620, as an alternative, we can also try to install the Intel® generic graphics driver version 25.20.100.6448: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28405/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789 Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PGouv1
Beginner

Hi Alberto, thanks for your reply.

I already had removed the "Intel® Computing Improvement Program" from Control Panel/Programs with the help of a third party program (Geek) because with the normal procedure it wouldn't install because of the missing file. Apparently Geek removed everything including DLL, directories, registries, .. but when I try to install Intel DPA (the latest version version) I keep getting the same error of the missing installation package "w_sur_p_2.4.0.04140_sursvc_qh.msi" .

I have the latest drivers installed (in fact I have and prefer the Intel® UHD Graphics 620 generic graphics driver version) but I just want to keep all

updated and I was doing that with the Intel DPA for some time, until I got this error on the update of the Intel DPA.

Any ideas on why the error persists even after the "Intel® Computing Improvement Program" has been uninstalled? I tried to install it again from it's official page in Intel: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27940/eng/Intel(R)%20Computing%20Improvement%20Program.exe but I get the error that a later version of the program is already installed.

Is there a place where I can download the missing msi package so that I can over the error?

Thanks for all the assistance.

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hi PGouv1, Thank you very much for providing those details. In reference to your question, the installation package should include all the files needed for the Intel® DSA application to work properly. Just to let you know, the manufacturer of the laptop has the option to do customizations on it, that error message that you are seeing could be related to that, the application might not be fully compatible with your platform. The Intel graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your computer and so are the drivers that get installed when you are use the Intel® DSA application and sometimes that might cause unknown issues. The manufacturers of laptops/computers are now updating their drivers through Microsoft* directly, through the Windows* updates, based on that we advice to run all the Windows* updates in your system to make sure the proper graphics driver gets installed. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PGouv1
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

Thanks to get back to me. I already had the generic driver from Intel working in my machine (exactly the same as the link you provided above) before this problem with the update of the Intel DSA started happening.

I downloaded the initial Intel DSA version that was working (3.xx) from Intel site, as I did for the last version as instructed by Intel DSA when it warned me that there were a new version.

I just want to be able to run the Intel DSA periodically to check if I have the latest drivers as I been doing for the last 4 or months.

Thanks for all the assistance.

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
PGouv1
Beginner

Hi Alberto

After going back and forward with installing and uninstalling the Intel DSA and the other related tools, I finally managed to install the latest Intel DSA version (3.7.0.6).

For posterity and to share with other forum users that might have the same situation, I downloaded the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller, run it, reboot the system and then I was able to install the latest Intel DSA version without errors and it's again fully functional.

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
hchr0
Beginner

I used the DSA uninstaller, then I tried to install the DSA but the same error is occuring. I even tried to install the Computing Improvement Program. I'm trying to resolve this issue since a long time😟 . Any help would be appreciated.Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hi PGouv1, Thank you very much for letting us know those results. Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that you were able to finally install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant application after using the Uninstaller. We are sure this information will be very useful for all the peers viewing this thread, thank you for sharing it. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
hchr0
Beginner

I used the DSA uninstaller, then I tried to install the DSA but the same error is occuring. I even tried to install the Computing Improvement Program. I'm trying to resolve this issue since a long time😟 . Any help would be appreciated.Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
hchr0, Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread: https://communities.intel.com/community/tech Let me apologize for any inconvenience. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
hchr0
Beginner

okay, thanks.

0 Kudos