Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hchr0
Beginner

Can't update IDSA tool because the "Intel Computing Improvement Program" throws an error

My PC:

HP Pavilion 23-q010 23-Inch All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop

RAM 8GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

error 1.JPGerror 2.JPGerror 3.JPGall errors.JPGfinal error.JPGfail.JPG

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Use this tool to uninstall IDSA. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28598/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t

If the CIP program still exists, uninstall it from programs and features in the control panel.

Doc

hchr0
Beginner

Thanks for the help,

I uninstalled; should I reinstall it from the intel site?

I actually want my Graphics Drivers to be updated, for smooth gaming.

AlHill
Super User

In my opinion, you should never install that tool from anywhere but the Intel site.

Now, regarding your graphics, that is a different question. What processor model number? What operating system? Are you a laptop or desktop?

Doc

hchr0
Beginner

OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Version: 17134.648

Microprocessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460T CPU @ 1.90GHz

System Memory: 8GB

AlHill
Super User

Ok, but are you a laptop or desktop?

If laptop, what make and model, and do you have dual graphics?

Doc

hchr0
Beginner

I have a Desktop;

My PC:

HP Pavilion 23-q010 23-Inch All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop

RAM 8GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

CPU Type

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460T CPU @ 1.90GHz

I have dual graphics:

AMD Radeon Adrenaline ( Radeon Software Version 19.3.2)(latest update)

Intel Graphics Driver (Which I am having a problem with)

AlHill
Super User

You should use ONLY the drivers provided by HP, especially since you have dual graphics.

Doc

hchr0
Beginner

Okay, but my games do not run smoothly if I do not update my AMD Graphics.

Since a few days, although I updated my AMD Graphics Driver, my games aren't running smoothly. So I went on to update my Intel Graphics Driver, which is giving an error while updating.

Aren't my games running improperly due to non-updated Graphics Drivers? Are there any other solutions for this?

Please help me out in this issue.

AlHill
Super User

HP is responsible for the drivers for your dual graphics. Only they can provided the updates necessary for your hardware. Contact HP support.

Doc

Monique_Intel

​hi @hchr0​ .  This is Monique with Intel.  I'm sorry to hear you had issues getting Intel® Driver & Support Assistant updated due to the missing ICIP file.  I'm unclear if you are still having issues upgrading, so here is the link get that missing file:  http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/11135/w_sur_p_2.1.0.03413_sursvc_qh.msi  Download the missing ICIP file from the link, Try to install IDSA https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html – when the dialog box shows up asking for the location of the missing MSI, point to the file downloaded in step #1 and that should allow IDSA to install successfully.  As Doc mentioned, you should only download drivers provided by your computer manufacturer if they are customized; Intel only offers generic drivers.

Thank you,

Monique with Intel Corporation