Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Cannot disable driver optimization for videos played with DXVA

KLope
Beginner

I cannot disable the horrible driver settings for video ""optimization"". on driver Version: 25.20.100.6618 (Latest) for intel video card 620 on Intel® Core™ i5-8265U Processor.

My pc is lenovo thinkpad on windows 10 Pro 1809. Everything is up to date. After I noticed this problem, I removed all graphic drivers and ''software components'' with DDU from guru3d in order to have a clean install....

Then I installed the latest driver for video card 620 "Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers with Intel® Graphics Command Center

Version: 25.20.100.6618 (Latest)" and when I use DXVA decoding for videos, I get the horrible image:

sshot-602.jpg

with software decoding, I get the normal image:

sshot-601.jpg

Apparently now, the GUI to manage the driver is split from the driver, so windows installed another GUI from its store. THis is what I have

sshot-605.jpgsshot-604.jpgsshot-603.jpg

So in BOTH GUIs I disable this driver settings, but in "Intel® Graphics Control Panel" I keep getting the default settings after a restart of the computer.

sshot-607.jpgsshot-606.jpg

The settings are applied as long as I do not restart the computer.

So what is the latest driver that does NOT reset my settings for videos ?

I installed the driver 25.20.100.6374, which is supposed to be before the DHC variant and windows download the GUI from its store, even though the GUI is already present with the driver??, and the bug is still there, but this time my settings in the GUI are saved, hahahaha.

I disable any optimization by the driver, then reboot, then play a video with DXVA, and the optimaization is here, but when I go to the GUI, my settings are saved, ie ANY optimization is deactivated.

The only to keep truly my settings working is to go to the GUI before playing a video with DXVA, then never ever reboot.....

0 Kudos
9 Replies
KLope
Beginner

In order to deal with this problem, until people at intel manage to give a working driver is to compare the registry change between the setting of the driver where any horrible optimization is disabled and whatever state is applied at boot time. :Here are the good setting avoiding the horrible settings by intel

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\Display\igfxcui\MediaKeys]

"ProcAmpApplyAlways"=dword:00000000

"ProcAmpHue"=dword:00000000

"ProcAmpSaturation"=dword:3f800000

"ProcAmpBrightness"=dword:00000000

"ProcAmpContrast"=dword:3f800000

"EnableTCC"=dword:00000000

"SatFactorRed"=dword:000000a0

"SatFactorBlue"=dword:000000a0

"SatFactorGreen"=dword:000000a0

"SatFactorYellow"=dword:000000a0

"SatFactorMagenta"=dword:000000a0

"SatFactorCyan"=dword:000000a0

"InputYUVRangeApplyAlways"=dword:00000000

"InputYUVRange"=dword:00000001

"SharpnessEnabledAlways"=dword:00000000

"UISharpnessOptimalEnabledAlways"=dword:00000000

"SharpnessFactor"=dword:42300000

"NoiseReductionEnabledAlways"=dword:00000000

"NoiseReductionAutoDetectEnabledAlways"=dword:00000000

"NoiseReductionEnableChroma"=dword:00000000

"NoiseReductionFactor"=dword:00000000

"EnableACE"=dword:00000000

"AceLevel"=dword:00000000

"EnableSTE"=dword:00000000

"SkinTone"=dword:00000000

"EnableFMD"=dword:00000000

"EnableNLAS"=dword:00000000

"NLASVerticalCrop"=dword:00000000

"NLASHLinearRegion"=dword:3de147ae

"NLASNonLinearCrop"=dword:00000000

"GCompMode"=dword:00000000

"GExpMode"=dword:00000000

"EnableIS"=dword:00000000

then a task of launching this .reg file as admin must be created, triggered at each logon.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KLope Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Thank you for pointing out this behavior, in order to investigate this please provide me with all the information and reports requested on the following link: https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P0000490AGdSAM Please provide me with the download link for the driver 6618 that you are using? Have you tested the driver provided by Lenovo™ on your system? do you have the same behavior? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KLope Have you collected the information retested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KLope
Beginner

Yes , do you confirm you can read it. I used libreoffice to edit it.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KLope Thank you for the information. Yes, I can see the attachment that you have shared. Please provide with the following information. • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. • Please provide me with the graphics report from the Intel® graphics control panel following the next steps: 1. Right click on the Desktop, and click on Graphics Properties. 2. Click Options and Support, and then click Information Center. 3. Click on Save (save it in your desktop). 4. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KLope Were you able to collect the reports requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KLope I haven’t heard back from you, I am going to close this request If you have more questions please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SWill30
Beginner

I cannot install the visual driver for the video optimization as I have been thinking of using Visual Voicemail Apps

The Visual voice service has been newly introduced by several companies and now the demand of it is really increasing. Before there was only the audio service in the voice mail. So please help me to install the video driver.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SWill30 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. I recommend creating a new thread to isolate you case and system configuration, please make sure you add the information of the system model and specs, detail information of the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have added to this thread, so we can get more information about the problem. Please share with us the information requested on the following link: https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P0000490AGdSAM Thank you; hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos