Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Cannot install Download and support assistant

lajko
Beginner

I cannot install latest version of DSA. I uninstalled previous version by DSAUninstaller, ran SSU and am attaching all logs. I ran drive scan, sfc /scannow and chkdsk /f/r and all were without errors. Really stumped now. Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

After you downloaded the IDSA installer, did you right-click it and click Run as administrator?

0 Kudos
lajko
Beginner

Correct Clarice. Still same result. 😓

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

lajko, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, the Intel® Driver Support Assistant application only works with: Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. So, just to make sure, for testing purposes, did you try to download the exe. installation file using different browsers, try to clear the browser's cache, and then try to install and test the Intel® Driver Support Assistant?

Even though you mentioned that you already run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller, just to confirm, was version 21.3.21.5 the one you used?:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30496?v=t

Was Intel® Driver & Support Assistant tool version 21.3.21.5 the one you tried to install?:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
lajko
Beginner

Thanks Alberto. Yes I downloaded DSA using Edge and DSA tool and DSA Uninstaller version are 21.3.21.5

0 Kudos
MrSnake
Beginner

having very same issue 21.3.21.5 works then goes to update intel driver support assistant on restart stops working IntelDriverSupportAssistant_21.4.29.8 just get error message from site 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

MrSnake, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

lajko, You are very welcome, thank you very much for confirming those details.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
lajko
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

lajko, You are very welcome.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello lajko, 

In order to help you further, please try the following:

- Attempt a manual deletion of the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Driver and Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

Please let me know if this helped you fix the issue.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
lajko
Beginner

Hi Deivid,

As per your instruction it was deleted. I still cannot install (see attached png file). Thanks a lot for your help. Hope it will be fixed. To me (not too advanced user) it seems some registry corruption as the program points to that location. But that's my 2 cents...

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
lajko
Beginner

Please mark this issue solved. Couple of weeks ago I was trying Gilisoft FileLock Pro software. I happened to look there again right now and the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Driver and Intel® Driver & Support Assistant was Hidden. No idea how it happened as I never did hide it. Anyway I Unhide it and then removed it and sure enough DSA software installed. Sorry for all the trouble. Wish I would know how it happened but, I guess all is well again. Thank you all for all your help.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi lajko, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those results.

"Please mark this issue solved", perfect, excellent, it is great to hear the issue with the Intel® DSA got fixed after unhiding it, remove it and then confirm the Intel® tool was properly installed. Thank you very much as well for sharing the solution in the Intel® forums, we are sure it will be very useful and helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos