Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Cannot update the Intel support & driver Assistant because I am missing the file w_sur_p_2.1.0.03720_sursvc_qh.msi

kjens4
Beginner

I have attached the log file. I guess I have accidentally deleted a bunch of windows installer packages because now I am having issues updating a few different programs and I cannot uninstall them either for the same reason.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

​uninstall  intel  DSA   completely  using  revo uninstaller software , then  reinstall  latest    intel  DSA  below  website

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello kjens4, Were you able to review the steps provided on this thread? If you are still facing the issues reported here, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BDadd
Beginner

yup I got the same thing. I first encountered the problem when I tried to update the D&SA but it just gave me this" C:\Users\Malachi\AppData\Local\Temp\oFlHFwG3.exe.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. " and every time I tried it again, the last part (oFlHFwG3.exe) was always a different string of numbers and letters. I followed the steps above uninstalling the program entirely and than trying to download it from scratch but it still gave the exact same error so im completely stuck =O any help will be MUCH appreciated much thanks

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello kjens4, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Hello BDadd, Thank you for your feedback, we are looking into this to assist you in the best way. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
kjens4
Beginner

still having the same issue even after using revo to uninstall ISDA . Not sure how BDadd was able to do it just by waiting and trying again. still wants me to find a an .MSI file that should be located in C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{F6B5BD59-21F0-47F8-A6C6-63BAEB1A6569}v2.1.03720\

0 Kudos
BDadd
Beginner
Thank you guys very much. I'll try to install the Intel Support and Driver Assistant again and hopefully it will work this time On Thu, Jan 3, 2019, 6:53 PM Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com wrote:
0 Kudos
BDadd
Beginner

YAY. After uninstalling and waiting a couple of days and reinstalling the Intel Driver and Support Assistant package it is now working perfectly. I am 100% unsure of why it did not work the first time but it does now? Perhapse a patch, or maybe it just somehow fixed its self. But to help future people what I did was just do the regular uninstall of the product, and then waited a couple days before going back to the website to install the program and start fresh. Thank you all and bless you developers and happy late Marry Christmas! =D

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello kjens4, We would like to take a look at your system configuration to continue assisting you. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello kjens4, If you are still having the issue reported, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report. We would like to review your system configuration. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello kjens4, If you are still having problems updating Intel® DSA or the system drivers, you can also uninstall the tool using the Intel® DSA Uninstaller. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller Version: 1.1.0.0 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller Then install the tool. For Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Version: 3.7.0.8 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824 Please let us know if the issue persists. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello kjens4, Were you able to perform the steps recommended? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
kjens4
Beginner
I have not had the time to get after it.
0 Kudos
BDadd
Beginner

Hey if you have Windows 10 try looking in your APPS AND FETURES tab. Sometimes a program will still be in there even if you can't see it in the control panel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello kjens4, Were you able to perform the steps recommended on this thread? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos