Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Cant play on newest drivers /constant lags/freezes

Dimoness
Novice

So, i have a problem - i cant play on newest drivers on my intel HD graphics 630, or on any drivers after 27.20.100.8476. Once i decided to update my graphic drivers( i dont remember what was the old one) to 30.0.100.9864 everything went downhill - i launched my favorite game - skyrim and for some reason i got strange lags - game runs as if i had like 1-2 fps even in menu, before i even hit continue. and the problem was not only in skyrim - i played The binding of isaac and even there game constantly freezes whenever new items or drops - any new objects spawned. So i deleted those and downloaded new, or should i said old one - 30.0.100.9805 and performance was significantly better then newest but it still laggy as heck. In isaac nothing changed, in skyrim now instead of constant 1-2 fps there is super long freezes - even on main menu. When i'm pressing continue and even on loading screen freezes. So i tried every single one - from 30.0.100.9805 to 26.20.100.7985 somewhat playable with less but not without freezes/lags are only 27.20.100.8476 and lower. I asked in Tech Support - no results. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Dimoness, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

So, if you install graphics driver version 27.20.100.8476 or lower, there is no problem with none of the games?

The issue is showing only on "Skyrim" and "Binding of Isaac" or with all the games?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides the graphics driver update?

Is there any particular reason why you did the graphics driver update?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? 

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Dimoness, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Dimoness
Novice

Hi, i was in hospital, and can't answer to those questions. 

1) Motherboard is MSI B250 PC MATE.

2)It's not a new computer, like 5-6 y.o.

3)If i'm playing games on 27.20.100.8476, there's still freezes/lags just not that many as on newer one.

4) it's in all games i've been playing: skyrim, The Binding of Isaac, league of legends, darkest dungeons etc.

5)I didn't make any changes in my hardware/software.

6)The problem is happening at home.

Also i want to add that on newest drivers 1-2 fps is not only in games, but also in my system(?). for example if i open discord in discord window i have this problem with lags 1-2fps, if i open steam then in steam 1-2 fps but only inside tab, all those buttons (Steam View Friends Games Help) works just fine.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Dimoness, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

First of all, we hope that you are doing fine now and we are glad to know that you are not in the hospital anymore, health always comes first so we completely understand why you did not provide the information before. Keep in mind that this thread will remain open for as long as you need it.

When it comes to games, we always recommend to verify the system requirements they have to make sure your computer complies with them.

Based on the SSU report, we can confirm that the graphics driver version currently installed in your system is 27.20.100.8476, which is one of the Intel® driver versions previously released:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/29784/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Just to let you know, the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your machine. Based on that, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on MSI's website and the latest graphics driver version they have available in there is 23.20.16.4877. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below, that should be the proper driver for your device:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B250-PC-MATE#down-driver&Win10%2064

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

We also advise, to get in contact directly with MSI to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your equipment or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://www.msi.com/support

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Dimoness, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Dimoness
Novice

I was checking drivers from msi all this time and i can say that freezes are still there.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Dimoness, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after testing the graphics drivers provided by MSI. 

Even though the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, there is a new driver version available on our website, for testing purposes, please try a clean installation of Intel® graphics driver version 30.0.100.9955, once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Dimoness, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Dimoness
Novice

Hi, it still the same as on previous drivers - lags in whole windows (1-2 fps inside discord, steam etc. but not in folders or in browser).

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Dimoness, Thank you very much for your response.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after following all the troubleshooting steps provided previously.

We do have a tool called Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, that does an overall test on the unit and if it passes that test it means it is working properly and there is no hardware issue with the processor itself, the issue might be related to a different component. If it fails the test the processor will need to be replaced:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?wapkw=intel%20processor%20diagnostic%20tool

Once you do that, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with MSI support, to report this scenario, to check if they have a fix for this situation, to verify if they can replicate the issue using the same exact computer/board that you have, to confirm if a physical inspection of the machine will be needed and for further assistance on this matter, warranty options may apply on this position and if there is a fix that they need to add to their customized driver they will work with Intel® internally on trying to add a fix to the driver that is available in their website:

https://www.msi.com/support

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos