Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Canvas rendering issues on Chromium browsers

JoshPott8
Beginner

Hi!

I'm seeing rendering issues with PDFs on Chromium browsers (Chrome and Edge) 

This appears to only be with specific Intel graphics, for example on Iris or Intel UHD from what I can tell.

Turning off Hardware Acceleration or enabling the experimental feature in Chrome, Out-of-process 2d canvas rasterization seems to deal with PDF rendering issues but this isn't really something that can be expected of end users.

However I noticed according to https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Iris-xe-GPU-Rendering-Issue-with-Chrome/td-p/1399156, there should be an update coming soon but there's no timeline mentioned really, apart from 2-3 releases.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated here, as this appears to have been an issue for a long time that seems to be occurring more frequently with end-users now

Thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
NathanGP
Beginner

Same problem here, is this specific to dell laptops only?

Is there any way to test the fix at all?

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello JoshPott8,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I will research about your concern. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello JoshPott8,

In order to work further about this issue, please confirm the following information:

After performing these steps, please let me know if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
JoshPott8
Beginner

Hi Steven_Intel!

Thank you for the response.

• We've tried out the latest drivers with a clean install, but still no luck
  • Seems to be Chromium Browsers, so Chrome and Edge are where we see the issue
  • We're on the latest version of Windows 11

Unfortunately, the issue still occurs though.

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

Could you also please confirm if the browsers and BIOS are updated to their latest version?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
NathanGP
Beginner

So this is only happening on dell/lenevo laptops with the iris graphics card, all the latest bios/drivers.

If it was a bug in chronium then why are there no issues on other laptops?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II
If it can be reproduced on MacOS and Linux it's a Chromium bug too.
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello JoshPott8,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance or have any concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
LevyBlend
Beginner

@Steven_Intel @@we too have been seeing reports from many end users with this issue.

We have recommended that all update to latest drivers and browser versions as a precaution but the issue still seems to persist.

As our end users are individual consumers, it's not effective to be able to have them disable 2d canvas drawing in chromium browsers.

Any updates on the status of this issue at Intel would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello JoshPott8,

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

@LevyBlend Please open a new post regarding this issue and provide all details and steps performed, since we are unable to continue troubleshooting in this thread.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
JoshPott8
Beginner

Apologies, I have been out of office.

I have been keeping drivers, browsers and BIOS all up to date but no luck so far.

Like @LevyBlend , disabling browser settings/options isn't really viable as this is a problem for end users using our websites.

0 Kudos