Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Color Depth & Color Format now available!

Gabriela_Intel

Color Depth and Color Format have been highly requested in this Community for quite some time. We know it's taken A LOT longer than we would have liked, but after all our efforts of ensuring your voices are heard, we're ecstatic to say that these settings are now available for 6th Generation Intel processors and newer when using a native HDMI connection!

For now Color Depth and Color Format are available in the latest version of the Intel Graphics Command Center BETA (version 1.100.1300.0). The Microsoft Store should automatically update your app to the latest version if it's already installed on your system and automatic updates are enabled. If you don't have it installed already, then the Beta can be installed directly through the Store link above.

We are also planning to include Color Depth and Color Format in the next release of the Intel Graphics Command Center non-beta application as well. 

Capture.PNG

EDIT: Updated the image so it's easier to identify where the settings are located at. 🙂

22 Replies
Armu
Beginner

Great news! 😎

0 Kudos
Ajakan
Beginner

Thanks for letting us know. I installed the CC beta, but I was unable to find this settings (and you did not state where are they supposed to be). I guessed that a beta driver would maybe be a requirement, installed it, but still could not find the two settings from your screenshot.

However, a YCbCr option finally appeared in Command Center....

Intel NUC11, Iris Xe.

Can you please advise where/how to enable/find this options.

Thanks,

Andrej

0 Kudos
Ansuel
New Contributor I

I have a monitor that supports 10bit, connected with usbc in display port mode. I can't find this option. Any idea why?

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

For now this is limited to native HDMI connection.

We are already requesting it to be added to DisplayPort (USB-C) so stay tuned 😉

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

Ansuel
New Contributor I

Thx a lot for the feedback. Think that is needed considering any laptop monitor is commonly connected with display port internally. (that looks to be the case with my dell xps 15 9500)

Hope we will get the feature in the short future.

0 Kudos
Ajakan
Beginner

So when using "native" HDMI connections, these options should be available somewhere in the IGCC beta?

Can anyone tell us exactly where, as per my post above, I cannot find them and I'm reasonably sure they are just not there.

Can anyone reading this confirm that they can see the options, and where in the app?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ansuel
New Contributor I

@Gabriela_Intel @RonaldM_Intel Any news about this? It's a pitty to use an external monitor at half its capabilities...

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @Ansuel! Yes, we did submit that request to add support for DP (USB-C). The good news is that it looks like we've made some good traction and this addition is in the roadmap. However, I do want to be transparent with you and let you know that unfortunately we had to settle for adding support only on newer platforms (11th Gen Processor graphics and newer) and it may take quite some time to implement. We can post again when there's been more progress made on this.

0 Kudos
Ajakan
Beginner

Gabriela,

thanks for letting us know that you have plans to expand support to DP.

However, It would be really nice to know how to use functionality you announced as available NOW.

I have Intel NUC11, Iris Xe, and HDMI connected monitor. No adapter, no translators, not active, not passive. HDMI cable to HDMI plug on both sides.

And I see no options from your screenshot in latest CC beta. That I can find.

One more time - please - can you at least post a FULL application window screenshot, so we know where it is supposed to be?

Can ANYONE see these options? Can you please post the screenshot and report your configuration?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @Ajakan. Sorry about missing your previous reply on this! Let's first get detailed information to help us find out why the settings aren't showing up. Can you please send over an SSU report so we can look over this additional info on your NUC11? Instructions below.

Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more system details:

1. Download the Intel® SSU and save the app on your computer.
  2. Open the application, check Everything, and click Scan.
  3. To save your scan, click Next and Save.
  4. Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
0 Kudos
Ajakan
Beginner

@Gabriela_Intel 

I thought this was a very simple question:

"One more time - please - can you at least post a FULL application window screenshot, so we know where it is supposed to be?"

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Here's a better screenshot:

Capture.PNG

The settings are under Display > General (scroll down to the bottom).

If it's still not showing up, then feel free to create a new thread so we can investigate why it's not appearing for your specific configuration.

0 Kudos
Nees
Novice

Wow, This is kind off unacceptable. My laptop is 10th, less than 2 years and would fall out of the boat? Im a photographer and now i'll NEVER be able to use external displays on my laptop because internally its a displayport to HDMI physically with FULL RGB colors?! So useless for photo-editing... Wasted money on an external screen AND laptop it seems...

This option has been request for over 3 years and now only 11th gen might get it??!!!

I have an external display that I haven't used yet because of this problem,very frustrating and now even more limitations...

Just allow it for ALL DP connections... I don't understand why you need to be so limited!

How can such a limitation be set for a certain gen when it WAS implemented for older gen and drivers that had DP full RGB support...

Unacceptable, 2000 dollar for a laptop and then get limited by a software limitation in a driver...

Yes, I'm frustrated by this!

0 Kudos
berkkocaturk
New Contributor I

I was waiting for this.

This is too late but good news . You wrote HDMI wouldnt this also include displayport as well since 11th gen motherboards have displayport 1.4 hdmi 2.0 is not enough bandwidth .

0 Kudos
forartEU
Novice

Since HDMI is consumer-oriented, it would have been better - and certainly more useful - to unlock these features on DisplayPort first (which is business instead).

Hope Intel drivers' devs will mend their ways as soon as possible: Nvidia low-end GPUs supports those features on every port already.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @berkkocaturk @forartEU. Thanks for voicing your feedback. Your request and reasoning are completely valid. I totally agree that this would be great to see on DP! The good news is that this is something we've been looking into. I can't promise anything specific just yet, but expect some changes in the near future. 

0 Kudos
forartEU
Novice

Just activated 30.0.101.1404 driver version on my new Windows 11 installation, but still no options for DisplayPort users... ☹️

0 Kudos
forartEU
Novice

You're right, but we have "Red Dead Redemption 2* (Vulkan)" fix... 😓

Ajakan
Beginner

Yes, its nice to see Intel got their priority straight.

Just imagine how will sales and customer satisfaction explode now that Red Dead Redemption got a fix!

0 Kudos
berkkocaturk
New Contributor I

Intel thinks human eye can not see more than 30 fps anyways.

0 Kudos