Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Color calibration being overridden by Intel driver - how do I use system profile settings?

ISoto
Beginner

When I calibrate my display with a Colormunki or even the Windows system calibration tool, none of my calibrations ​"stick" for more than a second or two. I see the colors change, then quickly change back. If I change color settings through the Intel driver, those actually do stick, so I think it's overriding the system color profile. How do I keep the colormunki/system profiles running? I'm using a ASUS UX330 laptop, and this also happens when I plug an external display in.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello ISoto, Thank you for posting on this Community. To address your questions, we would like to take a look at your system configuration. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ISoto
Beginner

Sure thing, I am attaching it here.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello ISoto, Thank you for your response. We tested the Display Color Calibration in Windows*, and Windows* applied the changes successfully. The report attached shows two graphics driver versions that may be causing a driver conflict. Have you tried performing a clean install of the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver? I found the following information at your system manufacturer's support website. A. System model UX330UAR https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-UX330UA/HelpDesk_Download/ NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there. B. Since you are running non-DCH drivers, you may try these steps to perform a clean install of the graphics driver: 1.Disconnect your unit from the Internet. 2.Uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections: -Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method -Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html 3.Restart your computer. Go to Windows* Device Manager and check if Windows* installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. 4.Once you do, please proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver version. 5.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again. Please let us know if the issue persists. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ISoto
Beginner

I have went through the steps to clean install the driver, but I am still getting the same issue. I have not reconnected it to the internet yet, and am typing this from another computer.

Here is a video of when I try to calibrate using windows. As I move the slider, the color is instantly reset:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMbm8mE0bTReCzlnEmvQl5j1_Kcz3sinsWoq5XJrmyWET4lP3qMz0kID6RTqxfUcg?key=dV9WVi16bVhlYi1BU19fby1OSzBmY0UtSktuWHFn

When I perform the similar action with the Intel control panel, the color change stays.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNBlEeGUJIu-rdaltbdR9mNM8G15s6267RjIE7eMKOcQ2NtG_8J9lOunhtfKxe6Fw?key=ZTh0WC1yWWI0NkozRFpWNUVRbW1VbXlObDNmZ0J3

The problem is that the Colormunki colorimeter works by setting a system color profile, which gets instantly discarded like in the windows calibration example. I'd rather not have to calibrate by eye if I have a nice colorimeter available to take precise measurements.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello ISoto, Thank you for attaching these videos. We were unable to replicate this issue. However, we will do further research on other systems in order to better assist you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello ISoto, We have not been able to replicate this issue, yet. Please find below more information: *Hardware / Software Configuration Surface Pro 4 Intel® HD Graphics 520 (v. 25.20.100.6618) Windows* 10 (10.0.17763 Build 17763) To continue working on this issue, we recommend checking Windows Updates, scan and apply all of them. If the issue persists after all updates are installed, then you can try forcing the generic Windows* DCH drivers for testing purposes. Intel® UHD Graphics 620 version: 25.20.100.6618 (Latest) https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28646/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126789 Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello ISoto, Were you able to follow the steps recommended? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ISoto
Beginner

I found that the f.lux ​app was causing the conflict with the system profile, even while f.lux was in "disabled" mode. I uninstalled the app, and things are now working as expected.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello ISoto, Performing a clean boot in Windows* was our next step to address this issue. Thank you for letting us know that this issue was not caused by a driver running on your system. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos