Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Connect 3 monitors to Intel I5 10400 processor

Varun1
Beginner

Hello Friends,

I am planning to build a desktop PC for "Stock Trading" using Intel I5 10400 with Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro mother board and 16 Gb RAM.

Only trading, no gaming or video editing

I want to run simultaneously 3 monitors of 27 inch (1920 x 1080 resolution) connected to mother board, using only intel UHD 630 built in graphic graphic card ( no external GPU)

I will EXTEND all 3 monitors ( all monitors show different display)

Will this configuration run smoothly with no lag?

Can I move windows from one monitor to other without any lag?

Will the clarity of all 3 monitors be good?

Please advice

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I am afraid you will need to test before you deliver.

1. Will this configuration run smoothly with no lag?  Who knows?  I have no idea of the amount of data being presented and at what interval.
  2. Can I move windows from one monitor to other without any lag?  Who knows?  Same thing, regarding data and interval.
  3. Will the clarity of all 3 monitors be good?  Good is a relative term.

You need to understand the amount of data and interval before trying to deliver something like this.  And, you need to understand what your motherboard has as video outputs, and your monitor's screen resolution as well.  My guess at all of this is that you will not succeed.

Sorry, just an opinion.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Varun1
Beginner

Thank you for responding

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You should be able to use three 1080p monitors without issue. The specs for your motherboard list DVI, DisplayPort (DP) and HDMI ports. All three of these ports can easily handle a 1080p monitor. If you want to use all HDMI monitors, you can use a DP-to-2x-HDMI MST Hub Adapter on the DP port. Here is an example of such an adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083NFH5HX.

Hope this helps,

...S

Varun1
Beginner
0 Kudos