Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Custom Power Plan missing from Intel Graphics App

stev3
Beginner

Hi, I keep getting the dreaded screen dimming on battery only on my Swift-3 14, I have done all the usual disable adaptive brightness, intel graphics power options etc etc.

BUT one thing I've noticed within the Intel Graphics app my custom power plan doesn't show in the list of power plans where it should, it only has 'Balanced Mode' which I don't use.. so obviously I have the display set not to dim within this setting but it's not using that power plan for the graphics settings! Any ideas?? Thanks, Steve

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello 3000022668281.5634535357924917E12,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to start by mentioning that the screen brightness is implemented by the manufacturer of the system and as such it is recommended to use the drivers provided by them. 

Now, have you checked under power option in Windows* instead of the graphics properties? This is recommended to do, you will find a power plan when power is connected and disconnected. 

If you are able to change this please check and let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
stev3
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply!

That's what I'm trying to explain I have done all of these settings in the power management and also including the Intel Graphics app. BUT because the custom power plan I've set up and using is not available in the Intel Graphics settings obviously I can't access the settings, so I believe it's set to default and I can't change the current settings. I would guess this is where the problem lies, as I have changed in the balanced power plan previously and it works!

So just to clarify.. I have turned off everything that makes the brightness dim automatically, including adaptive brightness, battery etc. But the power plan I am using with all these settings in place are not available in the drop down menu on 'battery & power settings' within the Intel Graphics Settings, where I know there are power saving options I can turn off (so I cannot access these)

Thanks again,

Steve

P.S. The profile settings on this forum will not allow me to change my nickname for some reason, so sorry about the stupid long name!

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate you taking the time to clarify this for me; now, I would like to gather some more information of your system, please provide me with an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

Also, if possible, please attach some screenshots showing the power options and the drop down so I can have more details to work with.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Were you able to check my previous post?

Please let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

David V

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos