Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

DG1 QuickSync and SR-IOV

jcdick11
Beginner

I've looked through many articles, and haven't seen much regarding this.

Not so much interested in 3D acceleration as I am QuickSync.  If the DG1 cards actually become available, will QuickSync be available with vGPUs under SR-IOV?  I'm hoping to have hardware transcoding and live migration of a VM with the low power discrete Xe cards.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @jcdick11

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In regards to this inquiry, please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as any details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello jcdick11

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After reviewing further your inquiries, we can only comment on DG1 capabilities as it is the only product available right now.

We would like to inform you that DG1 supports SR-IOV and through it access QuickSync capabilities as with actual GPU.

For any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
jcdick11
Beginner

Great!  So now I just need to find three of them, and hope the drivers get brought up to speed.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello jcdick11

You're very welcome and we're glad to know the information has been useful. Since there are no more questions in the thread, we will proceed to close it now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos