Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

DSA keeps on scanning

mark_
Beginner

Hi team,

I'm trying to scan my system through DSA but it kept on scanning and not able to detect anything. I have uninstall and downloaded the latest version and install but i still have the same problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

- mark

0 Kudos
30 Replies
lxman
Beginner

I'm seeing the same thing. I have also tried uninstalling and downloading then reinstalling. No joy.

0 Kudos
Eliminatrix
Beginner

I'm getting the exact same thing - at first I thought it was my system. So I've done TWO complete fresh installs - first with Windows 10 20H2 v2 and now with 1903 v2. Getting the exact same thing on both.

Very frustrating and annoying.

Dutchman5898
Beginner

I have the same issue.  I also did a complete uninstall, deleted the DSA Logs, etc...

Dutchman5898
Beginner

Hmmmm...  Windows update just happened to install KB4592438 (2020-12 Cumulative update for Windows 10) just prior to DSA running this AM.  I wonder if this could be the cause of the DSA scan running forever.

PWolf1
Novice

I have exactly the same experience, reinstalled and no change

MaryT_Intel
Employee

Hello all,

We apologize for this. We have been aware of this issue since Tuesday and posted it in our Announcements.  This is impacting many of the Download Center pages (resulting in a 404 error) and also impacting the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (resulting in an endless scan).  This has been escalated internally and we are working on a fix. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Mary T.

Support Community Manager

0 Kudos
Gutchavo
Novice

I have the same issue. I'm for a solution. thanks

0 Kudos
gktka1
Novice

Intel Driver & Support Assistant resulting in an endless scan?

The previous topic has been closed. It is still not working for me, even after yet another uninstall and reinstall. Any ideas? Thank you.

0 Kudos
MaryT_Intel
Employee

Hello @gktka1 ,

I wanted to check if you're still seeing the endless scan issue or if it has been resolved for you. Can you let me know? We believe the fix has been propagated out globally now so the scanning should work fine now, but please reply if you still have this issue. Thank you!

Mary T.

Support Community Manager

0 Kudos
PWolf1
Novice

Hello, there is no change. DSA still keeps on scanning

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello All, 

Thank you for your posts. 

The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) previous problems seem to be solved. If you still have issues with it, please create a new thread and provide all the details, we will gladly assist you. 

You can also contact Intel Customer Support directly: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello @PWolf1,  

Thank you for your update.  

Can you please provide the Intel® DSA logs? In order to get them, please follow these instructions:  

Note: In case you do not see the "ProgramData" folder click on the upper tab "View" and check the box "Hidden items".  

Also, please provide the logs for the  Intel® DSA Uninstaller tool: 

• Use the Uninstaller tool again to uninstall the remaining files for the Intel® DSA. 
  • Press Windows key + E (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination).  
  • Click on "This PC."  
  • Look for: Disk C:\, on the search bar, type: "DSAUninstaller.log". 
  • Take the logs, copy and paste them into a folder and send them to us. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
PWolf1
Novice

Files attached

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello,   

Thank you for the information.   

Please let me review these logs internally with the team in charge. 

Once we have an update, we will post it on this thread.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
gktka1
Novice
Hi,
I tried it again last night and it didn't work. I used the uninstall tool and I installed the latest version. After that I let it scan for a couple of hours. No luck.
Regards,
0 Kudos
PWolf1
Novice
0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

Same here, it's non stop scanning and the green/amber dot never appears on the systray icon.

This started happening once your download center went wacky and was giving 404 errors and generic UNAVAILABLE messages at the top of the screen.

I tried the uninstall, reboot, reinstall and nothing fixes it.

I'll attach logs if you tell me where to find them.

I'll unintsall twice, zip the logs, send them

and zip the logs of dsa prior to installing once I'm told where they're at

0 Kudos
PWolf1
Novice

Back to spinning for me. Should say that yesterday it found a graphics update and installed it, today no tray indicating any changes.

0 Kudos
RAWGP
Beginner

Vers 20.11.50.9

Installed today 21-Dec-2020, is still endlessly scanning.

I'm wondering if this recent Windows update broke it:

December 8, 2020—KB4592449 (OS Builds 18362.1256 and 18363.1256) (microsoft.com)

0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

I'm getting rather irritated that a big company cant fix something as trivial as this and I have to go through a third party app to update intel drivers.

Are you or are you not going to be able to fix this or should I just switch to a thread ripper cpu as I have $3000 sitting here that I was planning to use for a 3090 video card, I'll gladly buy a threadripper and save for a 3080TI

0 Kudos