Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

DWM.EXE 100% gpu usage

Sadzack
Beginner

Hi,

im having problem with my laptop/notebook running in windows 10 21h2 right now, so when i play games like minecraft or roblox or other games my dwm.exe has 100% gpu and i check on performance my intel has like 100% gpu usage it gives alot of frame drops like i usually have 200 fps on minecraft but when the problem come it drops to 20 fps sometimes 10 fps i has this problem when im watching youtube too

I tried dwm.exe using gpu 1 which means i use geforce in graphics setting but it still using intel i already have latest intel driver and nvdia driver i alreaedy check windows update i already tried DDU my intel driver and nvdia driver and downloading it again and it still doesn't work can someone help me with this problem 

Spesifications:

VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X409JP_A409KP

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1

NVDIA Geforce mx330

Intel(R) UHD Graphics driver (30.0.101.1340)

8GB RAM

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Sadzack, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Were those games working fine before on this same machine?

If so, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sadzack
Beginner

Is this a new computer?

It's already  like 7 months or 6 months

When did you purchase it?

maybe july 2021

Were those games working fine before on this same machine?

yes

If so, when did the issue start?

december 2021

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

no

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

both

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Sadzack, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the information shown in the SSU document, we can confirm that the graphics driver version currently installed on your computer is 30.0.101.1340 provided by Intel®. Just to let you know, the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your system. 

For that reason, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on ASUS's website and the latest graphics driver version they have available in there is V30.0.100.9864. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/Everyday-use/ASUS-X409/HelpDesk_Download/?model2Name=ASUS-Laptop-14-X409JP

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

In the following links, you will also find troubleshooting steps in order to try to fix the problem of FPS drops and high processor usage:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030302/graphics.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057744/processors.html

We also advise to get in contact directly with ASUS support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your device or, if necessary, to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Sadzack
Beginner

I already tried to remove the intel driver and i already check in device manager if its microsoft display adapter and i already turn off my internet and i download Graphics driver from asus link u give and i tried to play roblox for 5 minutes my gpu still okay but after 10 minute the problem back my dwm.exe has 100% gpu usage on intel driver 

so the point is the problem still not fixed i tried to contact asus they said to bring my laptop to the center but i cant 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Sadzack, Thank you very much for sharing those updates.

"the point is the problem still not fixed", we are sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps provided previously.

"tried to contact asus they said to bring my laptop to the center but i cant", in this case, that will be the next thing to do since, probably, they have reports from other users about this issue, they can check if they have a fix for it, to try to replicate the problem using the same exact computer you are working with, determine if a physical inspection of the machine will be needed and for further assistance on this matter, warranty options may apply on this position and if there is a fix that they need to add to their customized driver they will work with Intel® internally on trying to add a fix to the driver that is available in their website.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Sadzack
Beginner

Btw you sure that link u gave me to asus driver download is correct for my version of laptop cause when i see under my laptop it said A409JP-EK502T but when i see in dxdiag or bios it said X409JP i was very confused and the picture of asus laptop 14 x409jp that you gave me with the picture of my asus that I screenshot is diffrent and in my asus it said vivo book can you help me 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Sadzack, Thank you very much for your response.

"Btw you sure that link u gave me to asus driver download is correct for my version of laptop", yes, according to the SSU report, the model of the computer is: VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X409JP_A409JP. If you enter that model in an internet search engine you will get the same link that was provided previously.

In any case, you will be able to check those details by getting in contact directly with Asus support, they will be able to confirm that information, if that is actually the latest driver or if they have a different version for you to test, or if there is an error with their website, or if they have a different manner to identify the product and find the proper drivers for installation plus further suggestions on this scenario.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Gaurav7714
Beginner

Same Problem Bro u Find Any Solution ?

0 Kudos