Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Debugging issues with Intel UHD 630 / 620 drivers

andrewbt
Novice

I am a software developer working at a 3D data visualisation company. We are experiencing a driver crash in Intel HD 620 / 630 graphics devices which is affecting our userbase.

Have narrowed it down to an issue that causes the driver to crash & reset in Google Chrome when using WebGL on Intel HD 630 hardware. I have a pretty solid reproduction of the crash however no way to determine what is causing the issue. 

Who can I talk to about this? We are happy to provide samples to reproduce issues but we have no idea how to work around this driver crash. It appears to be affecting Intel hardware only.

You can observe crashes by visiting https://demo.scichart.com/javascript-realtime-ghosted-traces-chart in Google Chrome on Windows 10 with Intel UHD 630 hardware and leaving this application to run

Thanks and regards, 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Shvm_ReX
New Contributor I

Hi @andrewbt 

Hope you are doing well, thanks for posting your query.

Hope this information helps : community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/intel-hd-graphics-630-crashing-windows-10/m-p/616307#M72115 

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Shvm_ReX

0 Kudos
andrewbt
Novice

Unfortunately it doesn't, I'm talking about an issue that affects customers of my software who have Intel HD hardware. We've tested on a number of devices (laptops, desktop computers) with Intel HD 620/630 and all crash. 

This post seems relevant, looks like the Intel HD 630 drivers have quite a lot of issues? 
https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/OpenGL-Windows-drivers-for-Intel-HD-630-leaking-GPU-memory-when/m-p/1276515

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello andrewbt

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

To investigate this request, please share with us the following information:

• Graphics/processors tested
  • Does this happen with different drivers? Please list their version.
  • Detailed description of the problem and steps to replicate it
  • What version of Chrome did you test?
  • Is this new software publicly available for download?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)  results
    • Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 
    • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
    • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
    • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Intel® Graphics Command Center report 
    • Open the application 
    • "Support" > "System Diagnostic" > "Generate Report 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
andrewbt
Novice

Hi David, thank you for the reply,

GPUs tested:

We have a selection of GPUs in the company. We've tested nVidia GPUs (fine), Radeon (fine) and Intel Iris Pro (fine) and Intel HD. The only one which crashes is the Intel UHD 630

Drivers:

At present I have Driver version 27.20.100.9466. Before that I had an older version, but I updated to the latest. The crash occurred with both versions. 

Chrome: 

Latest version  90.0.4430.212 64-bit official build. 

Is the software publicly available:

No, but I can make that happen. Let me work on it and I will reply back when done. 

SSU Results & Graphics Command Center report

Please find them attached. Note my computer is dual-GPU (has nVidia 2070 and Intel HD 630). In order to perform tests I have unplugged the nVidia from the monitor and plugged the monitor into the Intel HDMI output. I've checked in chrome browser by going to chrome://gpu that the browser is using the Intel GPU. 

Thanks! 

-Andrew

0 Kudos
andrewbt
Novice

Hi @David_G_Intel a further update on the above. 

This webpage now reproduces the crash. If you run it in latest Chrome browser on Intel UHD 630 and driver 27.20.100.9466 

https://demo.scichart.com/webgl-intel.html

Leave it running for a few minutes and it will cause a GPU driver restart 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided Andrew. We are working on this request, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards,

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
andrewbt
Novice
Alright, fantastic! If there’s anything else you need from me just ask.
David_G_Intel

After verifying the information provided, since this is a software under development, please check directly with the Intel® Developer Zone. You will find assistance and resources on there:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
andrewbt
Novice
Hey @David_G_Intel, this forum *is* in the developer zone, how exactly should I report crashes in Intel graphics drivers? I tried support and I’ve tried here. No luck so far.
0 Kudos