Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Deleting a manually added game from library does not delete performance profile from registry.

Zeebastion
Beginner

See attached. If it's not a bug, it is extremely unintuitive behavior. 

Manually adding a game, creating a custom performance profile, then deleting the game from your library in control center does not deactivate or delete the profile(s). This leaves no indication that I could find in control center that a custom profile was still in effect, and no obvious way to delete the profiles without regedit. 

I only discovered this behavior because it was causing a game to crash. It seems like removing a game should result in the removal of all attached information in the registry. These registry entries persisted through driver uninstall and reinstall as I was trying to resolve another issue (crashing in normal gameplay). 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Zeebastion

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities and thank you for the 2 reports. In order to check this further, could you please provide some additional details?

1- Did this work fine before/expected at any moment? If yes, were there any recent hardware or software changes that might relate to the point when the issue started? (for instance, Windows®, driver, or software/game updates?)

2- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Zeebastion
Beginner

I've had the laptop for a little less than a week. I just re-verified. Adding any program manually to your collection in intel command center, editing settings, and editing a profile creates a registry entry for that binary in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\Display\igfxcui\3D

Deleting the program from the command center library leaves the registry entry. In my case this was causing a game to crash at launch. I had to use regedit to delete the key, when it seems like deleting the program from the intel command center library should remove associated registry settings. 

After deleting the key, the game resumed crashing during gameplay instead of at launch. 

This might be intended behavior and not a bug, but I'm reporting it anyways as most users would not search their registries to see what adding a profile in intel command center did.  Attached is the requested SSU. 

I appreciate the response! Apart from a small number of games that used to run on my old HD 620 laptop I am very impressed with my 11th gen laptop. 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Zeebastion

Thank you for your response and for the Intel® SSU report. Please allow us to take a look into this and we will be posting back as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Zeebastion

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

In regards to this request, we would like to inform you that we have reported this behavior to the Intel® Graphics Command Center team under bug ID #14014596564. In order to set the right expectations, please keep in mind that the fix for this may take some time.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this inquiry now. You may use the bug ID number as a reference for future follow-up.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your understanding and for bringing this to us.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos