Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Dell Inspiron 15 BSOD with Iris Xe / Xe Max

DiguaTQL
Beginner

Hello, Intel Community.

I have a problem with Intel Iris Xe / Xe MAX. BSOD appears when the graphic card or ram in heavy duty. Frist I contact with Dell Support and they recommended reinstall the Windows which the way I really don't want to do. I run first the video stress test in Support Assist from Dell. The result is ok, then I run the ram stress test, also in Support Assist. BSOD appears on the screen.(I don't real seen the bluescreen but I check the windows event log, it tells me stopcode: 0x0000001e ) Then I check the MEMORY.DMP and I found up that BSOD caused by igdkmdnd64.sys(FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1E_c0000005_STACKPTR_ERROR_igdkmdnd64!unknown_function). Can anybody help me fix this ASAP!!

Xe Drive Version :27.20.100.9126;

Xe MAX Drive Version:27.20.100.9040.

Dell Inspiron 7506 2 in 1; Win 10; i7-1165G7; 16G LPDDR4x 4266MHz.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello DiguaTQL,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Which tool are you using to monitor the load of the RAM and graphics card?
  • Does this happen while you are using a specific application or tool?
  • Provide us with a screenshot of the task manager, under the "Performance tab" so we will be able to see the usage.

Provide us with the below reports:

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (IPDT)

• Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool download.
  • The diagnostic tool checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features and performs a stress test on the processor.
  • To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DiguaTQL
Beginner

Hi Maria,

thanks for reply my question. I just use the task manager to check the load of the RAM and graphics card. It also happendes in different situations : once I was only look the Google Earth in Google chrome, once happens when I run the memory stress test in Dell SupportAssist and also it happendes once when I watch my friends stream in Discord. It does NOT happend every time but I remember that at those times I can hear fan start spinning faster and after a couple of minutes it turn to bluescreen. And the video stress test that I mentioned before, it only tests the Iris Xe graphics card not the Xe MAX. I found out that neither Dell SupportAssist or FurMark can really detected the Xe MAX graphics card and test it. Best regards

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello DiguaTQL

Thank you for the information provided. After checking the reports and details provided, we didn't find any issues with the processor or graphics. As you can see on the Intel® PDT, the processor and its embedded graphics (Iris(R) Xe Graphics / Iris(R) Xe MAX Graphics) passed all the diagnostic tests meaning that they're not the problem. The other aspects of your system such as BIOS, OS, and drivers seem to be up to date.

We can recommend the different drivers posted in https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ but they will most likely not resolve the problem, this seems to be caused by an OS/Memory issue. The best option for you is to continue working with the manufacturer, and if they suggested an OS reinstall, you might want to try their recommendations to confirm the root problem. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
twini
Beginner

Hi, 

I had the same problem with my dell inspiron 15. The only drivers version that i found to be working are : 27.20.100.9466

You can download them at this address : 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/fr/download/30381/Graphiques-Intel-Pilotes-DCH-Windows-10

NB : I see that there is a most recent version but i didn't try it yet : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/fr/download/30579/Intel-Graphics-Windows-DCH-Drivers?v=t

Hope it will help others...  and i hope they will seriously do something about those bug drivers.

0 Kudos