Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Does Intel UHD GRAPHICS 630 SUPPORT 144HZ?

Festina
Beginner

Hello guys,

i recently bought 144 HZ monitor. Link for specs. here: (https://www.asus.com/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/TUF-Gaming/TUF-Gaming-VG249Q/techspec/)
I am having a hard time setting my refresh rate to 144HZ as long as the only viable option is 120Hz. I found on various forums and websites that Intel UHD Graphics 630 support 144 Hz and it should be a problem. However, i didnt found info about which cable is able to do it. I am currently using HDMI 1.4 as long as my Asus monitor is having this port. And i m not sure if i need to switch to HDMI 2.0. According to my NVIDIA control panel my gaming laptop has ports directly to my integrated graphics card and not my dedicated. So thats why i might have problems with setting it up. Can you please advise in this case? My only available ports on gaming laptop are USB-C and HDMI.
Also sending a few system specs.

Thanks for answers.

Specs

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz

Memory: 8192 MB @ 1333 MHz
- 8192 MB, DDR4-2667, Samsung M471A1K43CB1-CTD

Graphics: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 1024 MB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with Max-Q Design, 4096 MB

Panel: Generic PnP Monitor(BNQ78E4) / Generic PnP Monitor(AUO21ED), 1920 X 1080, 60Hz, DPI 100%

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello  Festina

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

We need more information from your system to identify the possible cause of this problem:

• Which laptop do you use?
  • Which graphics drivers are installed?
  • Which version of the Operating system do you use?
  • Did you only test the HDMI port?
  • Which resolution are you trying to use with that refresh rate?

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information. 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Festina

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Festina

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
ronaldotovar
Beginner
did you find out how to.solve this? this is exactly what I think is giving me problems!!!!!
0 Kudos